Who's responsible for safety on the A65?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a section of the A65 (Leeds to Kendal road) adjacent to the Airdale Engineering factory, where road markings and hedges make the road dangerous for cyclists.

Who should I moan to?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
michaelrmgreen said:
There's a section of the A65 (Leeds to Kendal road) adjacent to the Airdale Engineering factory, where road markings and hedges make the road dangerous for cyclists.

Who should I moan to?
Us!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
More helpfully, I think it depends on where it is. If its a trunk road, responsibility will lie with the highways agency. If not classified as a trunk road, it will fall to either the city or county council. I think.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
From that my guess would be contact the city council first. They'll redirect if its not theirs.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
as said above fillthathole.org that'll tell you who the authority is and they'll report it for you too. Some authorities are better than others at fixing things tho...

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Blimey, that brings back the memories. I was at Rawdon St Peter's primary school frm 64-69.

On the real problem start with Leeds City Council.

JamesM

I haven't been that way for a while but might do soon (I'm getting the train at the moment and have gone via Calverley the last couple of times I've cycled) - what's wrong with it at the moment?

OP
OP
M
Road markings (a large hatched island) conspire with a narrow pavement, thick hedge, a bend to the left, together with a long uphill drag and a a gap in the speed cameras cause drivers to come upon slow moving bikes while traveling fast and hugging the pavement.

Top Bottom