Who's riding Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Christmas Day is always too busy at the start and then too full at the end, I'm hoping to get out for a very short ride today!

PaulB

Legendary Member
I expect everyone will be riding today :rolleyes:. [excepting those in the NW]
I'm in the NW and I rode yesterday. Hands were numb with cold Christmas day and got drenched this AM but if you're going to ride a bike in England, then you have to ride a bike in English weather.

I'm in the NW and I rode yesterday. Hands were numb with cold Christmas day and got drenched this AM but if you're going to ride a bike in England, then you have to ride a bike in English weather.
I know Colne well enough, up until my late teens Pendle Hill was my playground, I presume the old saying is still in use, "if you can see Pendle it's going to rain and if you can't it's raining" :smile:.
Off out now in dry but very windy weather.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I know Colne well enough, up until my late teens Pendle Hill was my playground, I presume the old saying is still in use, "if you can see Pendle it's going to rain and if you can't it's raining" :smile:.
Off out now in dry but very windy weather.
There was a huge amount of rain today on Pendle, that's for sure! I'd be surprised if it was still the same height as some of it's probably washed away.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There was a huge amount of rain today on Pendle, that's for sure! I'd be surprised if it was still the same height as some of it's probably washed away.
And a lot of it ended up in Whalley and Ribchester!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I expect everyone will be riding today :rolleyes:. [excepting those in the NW]

Oddly enough, there were more out on Christmas day than today in this area - I saw one Ipswich club run, an informal four man group, half a dozen soloists and numerous joggers yesterday, but only 3 cyclists and no joggers today. Everybody seemed to be out walking their dog instead.

Top Bottom