Who's turned their central heating off yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Being from the North East, I've never felt the need to turn the central heating on....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No way.... I'm still too cold, (though also currently got the lurgy), I couldn't manage to get warm in bed last night, took me about an hour.... Extra blanket tonight! I've had the window open overnight once so far this year, but I assume it's only just around the corner.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I turned the 'stat down to a point where it won't come on but the last time I checked my lovely Mrs had turned it back up, but then she is "always cold" as she keeps reminding me.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's not on at the moment, but get's switched on when its needed, usually in the mornings to take the chill off the house.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 4198287, member: 259"]Ours has been on in the mornings but we have lots of south-facing windows so the house heats itself for the rest of the day. I hate over-heated houses and I can still remember growing up with one of those ridiculous Aga stoves that had to be on all the time, including during heatwaves.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more - I'd rather be a degree or two chilly and put a jumper on rather than sit there sweltering in a T-shirt.

Mrs M

Guru
Still on and obeying settings.
Also pings on automatically if temp goes below 16 degrees.
Our house is quite warm in itself, have had the summer duvet on all winter (4.5 tog). Occasionally have a throw on top if it gets too chilly.

Top Bottom