Why a camera?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User3143 said:
Not a question of courage, my record out on the road speaks for itself in terms of riding ability. It's about respecting the rider who you ride with, and I have none for you. You only have to look at your vids online and the comments you have posted on youtube and on here to realise that you have not really got a clue when it actually comes down to it. I seem to remember asking you a simple question on the highway code regarding the hand signal for stopping and you did not even though that. Yet you feel the need to read cyclecraft from cover to cover and regurgitate bits and pieces when it suits.

In terms of cycling you are boring BM, I just get the feeling that you don't appreciate cycling for it is. But rather look at it as a means of transport and feel the need to post crap vids that don't really eduacate but rather draw attention to ''you'' and futher highlights your questionable riding ability.The last vid you posted was a classic example of this where that car pulled out, you had more then enough time to brake. But you just had to make a point, ride up besides the car and sound your airzound, amateur.

Forget filming me in December, I don't want you no where near me. Besides I would ride so hard you would not be able to keep up.

:evil:

We're obviously not worthy for Lee. Best to leave him to it.

Out of interest Lee, do I fall into the same group as BM? Do I have a clue?

User3143 said:

Why not? BM and I agree nearly everthing related to cycle safety. The only issue I can think of, off the top of my head, that we have disagreed on is the use of hi-vis. I would be very happy to have BM as a cycling companion.

So how do we differ?

User3143 said:
He's sanctemonious in some of his posts, and patronising sometimes.

You have to be very careful reading posts. I have been called patronising in the past (not on here though). I think sometimes if you believe enough in what you say, you sometimes come across that way, even if you don't mean it.

To be fair to BM I can understand why his hackles are raised with regards to you. You did troll one of my threads and some folk don't take kind too trolling. It did pi$$ me off a bit. I know you gave hints earlier in the thread that you were on the wind up, but it was only a hint and not a clear admission.

Unfortunately, due to that thread, I'm having to take everything you write with a pinch of salt at the moment, which is a shame, as I am sure you have something to add to the debate....

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, I'm only "patronising" and "sanctimonious" because he didn't like my low opinion of his writings.

Tynan

Veteran
bugger, someone else got in with troll first

I want one if only as evidence in a non fault accident when witnesses scarper as they usually do

And for the odd very bnear miss, I've seen some crazee shoot on the roads and wished I could have captured it

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Tynan said:
bugger, someone else got in with troll first

I want one if only as evidence in a non fault accident when witnesses scarper as they usually do

And for the odd very bnear miss, I've seen some crazee shoot on the roads and wished I could have captured it

Then dont buy an atc3k, I'm a fanboy of these but they are too limited for capturing evidence you may later need to rely on. The sony 580/dogcam set ups are wider field of view and only let down by their price and wires.

Make sure you have insurance too, makes life a lot easier.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Actually my ATC-2000 was quite good at getting number plates, whilst the wide 110 degree camera head of the VIO was less effective. I got an extra camera head, the 70 degree job, and that's much better.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
BentMikey said:
Actually my ATC-2000 was quite good at getting number plates, whilst the wide 110 degree camera head of the VIO was less effective. I got an extra camera head, the 70 degree job, and that's much better.

Number plates yes (presuming you know where and how to point it, which I didnt), but I was thinking more of capturing the scenario you may end up in.

I think having a good microphone is important. If someone cuts me up etc I will shout the registration out, so that the mic will pick it up. That way, if the camera doesn't catch it, then at least you'll still have it recorded.

That's one of the big downsides to the ATC. It has very poor sound recording.

Top Bottom