Why am I so cross...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
For some reason I find myself unaccountably cross today. The sun is out, I don't have any huge stress at the moment, I've just had a nice weekend at York Rally, after a lovely holiday. But I'm about ready to kick someone in the teeth.:smile: Everything on the forum is just making me annoyed. And no, it's not hormones.

I fear it may be a reaction to being back in England. I'd only been back two days and I was having a road rage moment with a white van driver... (Actually, I won that one, sort of). I think maybe I'm coming down off a pain au chocolat high and I haven't had a great value gourmet 4 course meal since last Monday...

I think I better go home (via the shops for some groceries), and have a cup of tea. It's the one culinary thing the French don't really understand. Actually, is there another nation in the world that does tea 'properly'?

Snap Arch me too. My sympathies. It's the post holiday blues - it comes and gets you when you least expect it.

Arch said:
For some reason I find myself unaccountably cross today. The sun is out, I don't have any huge stress at the moment, I've just had a nice weekend at York Rally, after a lovely holiday. But I'm about ready to kick someone in the teeth.:smile: Everything on the forum is just making me annoyed. And no, it's not hormones.

I fear it may be a reaction to being back in England. I'd only been back two days and I was having a road rage moment with a white van driver... (Actually, I won that one, sort of). I think maybe I'm coming down off a pain au chocolat high and I haven't had a great value gourmet 4 course meal since last Monday...

I think I better go home (via the shops for some groceries), and have a cup of tea. It's the one culinary thing the French don't really understand. Actually, is there another nation in the world that does tea 'properly'?

No! :angry:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
If there is such a country it was probably with our enthusiasm and through watching Carry on up the Khyber that educated them. Thought that feeling was York's ethos generally **runs out quickly**

We're glad to have you back anyway.

HelenD123

Guru
Hey Arch. I guess today is your first day back in 'reality' after a lovely holiday and York rally and it's getting you down. Go and have that cup of tea. Perhaps pick up a pain au chocolat with the groceries to go with the tea??

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
Snap Arch me too. My sympathies. It's the post holiday blues - it comes and gets you when you least expect it.

Been sat at my computer inexplicably sobbing all afternoon and completely unable to work. I'm not nuts either (much).

Yeah, that's it, that's the feeling... Add in a couple of rather minor frustrations (barely inconviences, just needing to renew my railcard and trying to book some tickets online to go to Mum's graduation and the site not working and stuff) and I'm hopeless and under a big black cloud.

I think Helen has the answer, pain au chocolat. I was a fool to try and go cold turkey. And thanks to Alec for pointing out a football free tv evening.

Actually, talking of TV, I've been seeing trailers for this.

It's going to be sooooo bad! And soooooo funny. I thought picking holes in the forensics of Waking the Dead was fun....:smile:

And Mum got a 2:1, of which she is rightfully very proud. Can't wait to see her go up in her gown and funny hat. Plus my sister will be coming up with Oli, always a boost...:angry:

There, I'm cheering up a bit. Thanks guys!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, why don't they get the boiling water bit? Apparently it's the same over the Atlantic, you get a cup of hot water and a bag.

To be fair, the French do everything else so damn well, I'm prepared to forgive. Any country that will do you three excellent courses and cheese and wine included at lunchtime for 11 euros....

Arch said:
Yeah, that's it, that's the feeling... Add in a couple of rather minor frustrations (barely inconviences, just needing to renew my railcard and trying to book some tickets online to go to Mum's graduation and the site not working and stuff) and I'm hopeless and under a big black cloud.

I think Helen has the answer, pain au chocolat. I was a fool to try and go cold turkey. And thanks to Alec for pointing out a football free tv evening.

Actually, talking of TV, I've been seeing trailers for this.

It's going to be sooooo bad! And soooooo funny. I thought picking holes in the forensics of Waking the Dead was fun....:smile:

And Mum got a 2:1, of which she is rightfully very proud. Can't wait to see her go up in her gown and funny hat. Plus my sister will be coming up with Oli, always a boost...:biggrin:

There, I'm cheering up a bit. Thanks guys!

Ekk! I just deleted that bit of my post cos I was being far too maudlin. Seriously though, when you go away on hols and its great, everything looks so CRAP sometimes. But its the little cheery things which just happen that get you over it. You've just got to be careful to spot them!

Anyhow. Glad to hear you are cheering up a bit. V V pleased for your mum too!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I believe the Germans are very keen on tea, but otherwise their cuisine is a bit stodgy, at least I thought so. Perhaps you should go on holiday there next time, so that you're glad when you come back. Perhaps everyone should go to really crap places for their holidays so that they have something to look forward to the other fifty weeks of the year.

Top Bottom