Why am I so cross...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
They can't make good tea in India either. Excellent chai but awful tea!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
byegad said:
As for Tea Arch, I think the Chinese, Indians and Japanese will feel they're not bad at tea!

Oh, indeed! But it's not tea like we make it. It's just interesting how we've taken the simple infusion and made it in our own unique way - and it means so much to us. I've nothing against chai, or chinese or japanese tea, but it's not a cuppa like wot we do it.:smile:

Paul, I was sorry once again not to have the chance to try horse, it wasn't on the menu anywhere. I did have gesiers in a salad - poultry gizzards. Just neck meat really, not unlike boiled ham on texture. And frogs legs were only ever on the more expensive menus, served with escargots, which I tried last time and don't feel the need to try again.

Anyway. Feeling a bit more on track to day, and at work, and looks like I have a bit pile of mailing stuff to keep me busy. Thanks for all your various sympathies...xx( Interesting idea, to go on holiday to awful places. Where would be top of the list?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
Just a thought, this is nothing to do with Patrick and theclaud is it? :sad:

Eh? What's the old reprobate been up to? :wacko: I've been away remember...

Nah. Nothing to do with Welsh lawyers...

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Eh? What's the old reprobate been up to? :wacko: I've been away remember...

Nah. Nothing to do with Welsh lawyers...

It seems to have been a case of while the cat's away... :sad:

He certainly needs pulling back into line at any rate, he has been driving people away from the forum in drives by directing incessant foodie type top tips at theclaud in the hope of making her drool. xx(:smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Yellow Fang said:
I believe the Germans are very keen on tea, but otherwise their cuisine is a bit stodgy, at least I thought so. Perhaps you should go on holiday there next time, so that you're glad when you come back. Perhaps everyone should go to really crap places for their holidays so that they have something to look forward to the other fifty weeks of the year.

The Germans are keen on lots of types of tea including lots of fruit teas. They don't understand normal tea though as they have no idea that the water should be boiling as it hits the leaves.

Their food's generally fine on the whole. I think my weekends in the UK count as going to a crappy place so as to make the rest of the year OK.:wacko: I suppose it's all a question of perception.

Top Bottom