Why can't we have government sponsored public info' films to discourage shoot driving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, having had an opportunity to do the following
[QUOTE 5251971, member: 10119"]May take a look at the rest of the thread at some point.[/QUOTE]
I find myself in agreement with @Tim Hall about that thread
Hat tip, as they say somewhere, to you and @User13710 . That's an interesting thread.
Interesting stuff indeed.
I don't think you'll both fit in a cup.
Oh dear. @Nigel-YZ1 - I hope you aren't also a gurl. This thread could take a most unfortunate direction....
[QUOTE 5252222, member: 9609"]I'm sure there will be a way to massage the stats to show no action is needed as cyclist are adequately safe, and it is the poor motorist we should be concentrating on helping.[/QUOTE]
(my bolds)I don't think I've seen anyone attempting to do such a thing. As @mjr says
The second sentence there does not follow from the first. Motoring is dangerous, so if anything we're telling motorists they need to be more careful around everyone than they currently are.
Although I remain unconvinced that PIFs are a meaningful way of doing so.
And
This whole thread is making me very sad.
I kind of expect people out in the Big Blue Room to do the 'oh, aren't you brave! Cycling is so dangerous!" thing, but on a cycling forum, where I would expect the one unifying factor would be a love of/enthusiasm for cycling?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mod note:

This thread has strayed quite a bit from the original topic. I've moved it into the Safety and Advocacy section as it seems better suited there.

Can we all get back to the topic now which is public information films and take the discussion about safety stats over to the dedicated thread which is here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/are-the-safety-stats-misleading.228572/

Thankyou.

I remember one about escalators that gave me nightmares. I wouldn't use the things for years - as a Very_Small_Lion I once got lost when I was taken to M&S by some family friends as they blithely hopped on the terrifying foot eating monster of doom and I hid round the corner crying. Perhaps (so long as supervising adults are in the loop) that one would be useful for combatting childhood obesity...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5252564, member: 10119"]I remember one about escalators that gave me nightmares. I wouldn't use the things for years - as a Very_Small_Lion I once got lost when I was taken to M&S by some family friends as they blithely hopped on the terrifying foot eating monster of doom and I hid round the corner crying. Perhaps (so long as supervising adults are in the loop) that one would be useful for combatting childhood obesity...[/QUOTE]
So, how could we terrify children to stop their parents motoring so much and so badly? ;)

[QUOTE 5252564, member: 10119"]I remember one about escalators that gave me nightmares.[/QUOTE]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zirp59zm1qE

*shivers*

Top Bottom