Why can't we have government sponsored public info' films to discourage shoot driving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like this sort of thing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjhmBDUjFE

I think it's needed as the standard of driving i'm witnessing,now i'm back on my bike(s) is appalling. I could go on and on about the things i see,but i wont as we all must have witnessed such behaviour while either cycling,walking or driving ourselves. Maybe some CCers are guilty of such poor driving. Ok,i'll give one example. On Friday i was waiting to turn right onto a busy road. My head was constantly turning from left to right as i tried to work out when it would be safe to make a dash for it. I was ready to go when all of a sudden this woman driver appeared at the petrol station exit directly opposite to me. I presumed she was going straight on,not turning left or right as she wasn't signalling. She seemed agitated as she had a car full of screaming children. She seemed clueless as to what she was doing,so i took a chance and turned right. All of a sudden this woman turned left and came at me,beeping her horn at me. Ok,she had the right of way,but if only the idiot has indicated left i wouldn't have made that move. I know she had the right of way even if she was going straight on,but i decided that if so she wouldn't be pulling out for a while. Due to the heavy traffic. Her indecisiveness and lack of signalling put me in danger.
I think it's time the government took control of this bad driving and made new films/videos to discourage it. I know some will say that people who do bad things will ignore such advice,but i think most who drive with a couldn't care less attitude will start to listen if the message is repeated enough times. What do you think? Would such short films make drivers drive with a bit more courtesy,or is it too late for that?

Everyone knows it is illegal to speed, jump lights etc etc, but the majority do it anyway. The only deterrent that will stop bad driving/riding is a harsher penalty when they are caught.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Everyone knows it is illegal to speed, jump lights etc etc, but the majority do it anyway. The only deterrent that will stop bad driving/riding is a harsher penalty when they are caught.
I'm thinking along the lines that television is a brainwashing thing. Subliminal messages are sent out,which are then absorbed without the viewer knowing it. Maybe the "please fecking indicate"!! messages will sink into their brains,even if they don't know it's happening. I was going to give a :okay: sign,but i'm being serious more than trying to put a humorous slant on it.

I’ve thought for a long while that they should bring back PIFs.

It’s the only way to get through to the sheep. Before too long they’ll be screaming at fellow car drivers for not giving a bike sufficient room as shown on a PIF.

Graham

Lonestar

Veteran
Not sure this would work nowadays.Society is too selfish and just wrapped up in their own little world.

Top Bottom