Why can't we have government sponsored public info' films to discourage shoot driving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not sure this would work nowadays.Society is too selfish and just wrapped up in their own little world.
I don't think they worked in those days either. Kids talked to strangers, men slipped on polished floors, people got run over, reckless youth drowned in rivers, lakes, canals and quarries and so on.

,so i took a chance and turned right. All of a sudden this woman turned left and came at me,beeping her horn at me. Ok,she had the right of way,but if only the idiot has indicated left i wouldn't have made that move. I know she had the right of way even if she was going straight on,but i decided that if so she wouldn't be pulling out for a while. Due to the heavy traffic. Her indecisiveness and lack of signalling put me in danger.
Remember that you can control what you do, but not what someone else does.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Remember the "clunk-click every trip" adverts? Can't quite remember who presented those...?

A lot of young girls can

Levo-Lon

Guru
Nowadays we have " hot" on a cup of fresh made coffee !!

I think a PIF will be too complicated for most in our society these days

winjim

Smash the cistern
I presumed she was going straight on,not turning left or right as she wasn't signalling. She seemed agitated as she had a car full of screaming children. She seemed clueless as to what she was doing,so i took a chance and turned right. All of a sudden this woman turned left and came at me,beeping her horn at me. Ok,she had the right of way,but if only the idiot has indicated left i wouldn't have made that move.
Assumption being the mother of all fark ups, why would you take a chance turning right across her path? She had priority, seemed 'agitated' and 'clueless'. So you'd already assessed her driving as dangerous and unpredictable. Sounds like a stressed out mother to me.

I also can't find the bit in the Highway Code which mentions indicating as a legal requirement but I'm not feeling well so might not be looking properly.

Top Bottom