Why can't we have government sponsored public info' films to discourage shoot driving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
if you want to take a chance on the bike...

Cycling in general is taking a chance,i'd say. Whenever we go out there we know that we're putting ourselves in danger.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Deeds not words. Police the roads, not produce pretty films.
I agree,but surely PIF's would be better than nothing. The police can't be everywhere at once,no matter how many of them there are. I must say, i do feel a sense of protection when i'm on my bike and see a police car. What i'd like is for some irate motorist to be giving me some hassle,then a cop car suddenly appears and i wave it down to report Mr Angry. It's only happened once to me, when this nutter jumped out of his white van and was heading towards me for a confrontation. As he was half way there a police car came round the bend. I waved it down and luckily they stopped. After about 5 minutes of both me and Mr Angry giving our accounts of what had happened (he punish passed me by about 1 foot and took offence at me giving an arm movement as if to say keep your distance,so he must've been looking at his left side wing mirror to see my reaction the evil scumbag) they more or less told him to do one! They even followed me for about a mile till they thought he'd have long gone and i was near to home,which was very good of them! I was hoping they might have kicked in his rear lights so they could book him, like they do in those deep south states films,but sadly they didn't.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I agree,but surely PIF's would be better than nothing. The police can't be everywhere at once,no matter how many of them there are.
Is it better than nothing? PIFs ain't cost-free. I suspect we'd get more bang per buck if that money went into getting roads police in more places more often, despite not being everywhere at once. If it's in some communications budget which can't be transferred to police manpower, I think I'd rather it was spent on social media work to spread similar messages these days.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5250999, member: 45"]Absolutely not.[/QUOTE]

So riding on two wheels on potholed roads,next to tons of metal, with wonk brained drivers in control of this metal isn't even the slightest bit dangerous?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5251044, member: 45"]You undertook a dangerous manoeuvre by choosing to take a chance in your OP. Your action was dangerous. No doubt if you were typing this from hospital you'd be blaming the driver.[/QUOTE]
But first i'd phone claims direct!:okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Lancashire police will occasionally put a road safety notice on the local Facebook groups... you know... give cyclists plenty of room when you overtake ...that sort of thing.

Everytime these posts attract hundreds of comments claiming we should be taxed and insured, that we all jump red lights, terrorise pensioners by riding on the pavements, etc...

Do you really think a Public Information Film will get the message through?

U

User65906

It is tougher sentences that is required, more prisons,
and a system that convicts these people on the video
evidence we can gather ourselves.

Over taking here is a joke, no car should be allowed to
overtake a bicycle on the same side of the road, they
should have to move into the other lane to overtake,
cyclists need more protection than someone sitting in
a steel box that was tested for safety and designed to
protect the occupants, the wind caused by an overtaking
vehicle has not been accounted for, and has a serious
effect on the cyclists ability to keep control of the bike,
people should be pushing for new laws, the current situation
may have worked many moons ago, it is no longer fit for purpose.
The UK may find its self in a unique positon where they won't have
to put up with EU bull**** regarding passing new laws, which
should make it way easier to make the necessary changes.

Top Bottom