Why cycle when you can drive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
chap

chap

Veteran
StuartG said:
Don't worry chap - hang on in and you'll soon get a grasp of the 19th century:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/oso/77864/2001/00000001/00000001/art00003

My goodness, this is turning out to be like that encounter I had when I stumbled out into the provinces :laugh:

I assume you mean that I should either give them their 'just deserts', if we're bringing in Disraeli. Alternatively, you could be meaning that I ought to counter their information by spreading knowledge about safety.

Sigh, don't worry I'll watch more episodes of Eastenders on the iPlayer in order to complete my 'cultural assimilation' :smile:

Well well well ... evidently a very closely-controlled and well-researched bit of study, matching like for like! No doubt peer-reviewed too. :laugh::angry::smile:

I reckon, on a dash up the dual carriageway, a car would have beaten a bike. Pity, but that does appear to be a fact, no matter what.

Interesting bit about cup holders at the end. My bike has a couple of cup-holders, of sorts. OK so they're really bottle-cages, but they serve the same purpose. On the other hand my car has nowhere to put a cup. Of course I don't drive a Merc and have no intention of ever driving one...:biggrin:

And as for keeping feet warm - well I have a couple of foot-warmers, myself. Others may call them socks, but they do the job...:biggrin:

OP
OP
chap

chap

Veteran
661-Pete said:
Well well well ... evidently a very closely-controlled and well-researched bit of study, matching like for like! No doubt peer-reviewed too. :smile::angry::angry:

I reckon, on a dash up the dual carriageway, a car would have beaten a bike. Pity, but that does appear to be a fact, no matter what.

Interesting bit about cup holders at the end. My bike has a couple of cup-holders, of sorts. OK so they're really bottle-cages, but they serve the same purpose. On the other hand my car has nowhere to put a cup. Of course I don't drive a Merc and have no intention of ever driving one...:biggrin:

And as for keeping feet warm - well I have a couple of foot-warmers, myself. Others may call them socks, but they do the job...:biggrin:

I take a Spartan approach to cars. The more auxiliary gadgets there are, the more that will go wrong at higher expense. Air conditioning is a superfluity to me.

Top Bottom