why didn't i think of this before…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you have time, then why not, but 5m is a good 15 mins at a good pace - so maybe 40 mins riding, allowing for traffic lights and a pootle back - assume you get an hour ?

I'd do it if it was dry then no additional drying of stuff.

I do this regularly, although only 3 miles, I take it pretty slowly so as not to be sweaty.

Takes about 10 - 12 mins depending on traffic each way and still gives me a half hour to read the paper and prepare food.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Rab said:
I do this regularly, although only 3 miles, I take it pretty slowly so as not to be sweaty.

Takes about 10 - 12 mins depending on traffic each way and still gives me a half hour to read the paper and prepare food.

does your irn bru fall out of your jacket pocket on the bike rab? :angry:

Cab

I often have a lunchtime ride or walk, there isn't any reason specifically to ride home and back but I do enjoy getting some air in the middle of the day.

Plax

Guru
I only get 1/2 hr for lunch so I couldn't ride home and back in that time. I have pootled to the PO at lunch on the bike though, it is nice to get out. If you have an hour then certainly pop out on the bike at lunchtime. Maybe take a packed lunch and cycle to somewhere nice.

ChipSeal

The very best way to increase mileage is to add another magnet to your wheel! (You can also double your average speed that way!)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I will often pop out for a lunchtime ride and sometimes will include a trip to do the company banking (16 miles roundtrip or 22 mile long way). We are fairly flexible at my place so I use my hour lunch break and anything up to an extra 1/2 hour for my time. :biggrin:

Top Bottom