Why do cyclists get so much abuse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
(note my editing of the original...)

Why limit your venom to motorists who despise being held up even for a few seconds?

What about the red light jumping cyclist?
What about the cyclist passing on the inside of a bus or hgv at a junction?
What about the cyclist filtering at speed in the door zone?

There's nothing wrong with that. perks of been green. People jelous when motorbikes filter. Don't cry.

Stu9

Nothing wrong with jumping a red light....hope I don't see you then, if you're using the rds, you use the rules like everyone else, if you don't and get hit, to bloody bad, you deserve it

(note my editing of the original...)

Why limit your venom to motorists who despise being held up even for a few seconds?

What about the red light jumping cyclist?
What about the cyclist passing on the inside of a bus or hgv at a junction?
What about the cyclist filtering at speed in the door zone?

Couldnt be bothered to give more examples.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Nothing wrong with jumping a red light....hope I don't see you then, if you're using the rds, you use the rules like everyone else, if you don't and get hit, to bloody bad, you deserve it

I didn't mean the jumping red light one. No need to say it twice. :biggrin:

Stu9

Roads......when writing an address such as Haining Road, just put Rd, or Pl instead of Place ect....thought you'd have known but maybe not

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
[QUOTE 2533122, member: 30090"]'PI'? Are we getting onto maths now?[/quote]
no, delicious pastry topped delights!

anybody who goes through a red light be it in a car or on a bike is a tit. end of.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well, it's happened and frankly I'm appalled! I was coming up to the lights at Bredbury tonight when I was passed by a car full of girls and they 'wolf whistled' me. I did my best to ignore it but then as I filtered past them in the queue for the lights they did it again but louder. It was terrible, I felt dirty, abused and violated............

I'm going to go back tomorrow at about the same time and ride back and forth in case it happens again :laugh:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've commuted in West London for the last five years on some busy roads and some quiet ones. About 4000 miles a year. Not at all epic, but I come across a few vehicles daily.
I have only been met by one bit of mild aggression, and that was not anything to fester about. I'm not big and threatening either, so fear of a cyclist wasn't an issue. If the truth be known, I have probably made slightly more stupid manoeuvres than the motorists I meet. Actually, I don't like this idea of "victimhood". I don't get on the bike in anticipation of being hard done by. It spoils the fun.

A few years ago when my MiL was in her late 70s we used to take her out on the back of our tandem. Just a short trip to the town or beach, but enough to get some exercise
She used to dress sensibly with a pair of trainers, leggings and a fleece or similar

One day going into Gosport we were followed by a group of lads on BMX.

As they come behind, one yelled out "Nice arse" at which point my MiL turned, gave him a toothless grin and winked.

He nearly fell off and got an awful lot of ribbing form his mates about fancying a Granny!

Top Bottom