Why do people go back on what they agree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have committed to buying 2 bikes recently and each time i have had a text or an e mail from the sellers about an hour before i am due to set off and collect it saying they have sold it to someone else , even though we have agreed a time .

I am sorry but call me old fashioned if you make an agreement then that's what you stick too .

Rant over :cursing:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Unfortunately thats human nature in some people.

D

Deleted member 26715

At least they told you before you set off once drove 100 miles & as I turned into the road the car I thought I was going to buy went the other way. When I knocked on the door the guy said that he didn't think I was turning up even though I was 30 minutes early.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Same thing happened to me years back. I had agreed to buy a wardrobe and chest of draws. Agreed the price and time of collection.
I borrowed my mates van and off we went. As I turned into the road, said furniture was being loaded into another van. When I confronted the seller he just said that they got there first. I was a lot younger and more hot headed then, it was not pretty.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have committed to buying 2 bikes recently and each time i have had a text or an e mail from the sellers about an hour before i am due to set off and collect it saying they have sold it to someone else , even though we have agreed a time .

I am sorry but call me old fashioned if you make an agreement then that's what you stick too .

Did you agree to buy the bikes at a low enough price to enable you to re-sell them at a profit?

Nothing wrong with that, but the risk of such a transaction failing is higher.

If possible, agree the price, pay, and take the bike all in one go.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

These people wouldn’t think twice about agreeing to buy something then not turning up to collect it.

They imagine everyone is like them so play by their own mistaken rules.

vickster

Legendary Member

Maybe insist on paying a deposit. Do they offer you the chance to match a higher offer?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Did you agree to buy the bikes at a low enough price to enable you to re-sell them at a profit?

Nothing wrong with that, but the risk of such a transaction failing is higher.

If possible, agree the price, pay, and take the bike all in one go.

we agreed the full asking price on both occasions , unsure if they were to be re sold till i had ridden them long enough

These people wouldn’t think twice about agreeing to buy something then not turning up to collect it.

They imagine everyone is like them so play by their own mistaken rules.

Both seemed the sort of person that i wouldn't expect this to happen but only exchanged e mails or text's

Maybe insist on paying a deposit. Do they offer you the chance to match a higher offer?

Didn't think i needed to and if i had would i have got it back ?

Top Bottom