Why do people go back on what they agree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
At least they saved the drive, that really is pi55er to find it gone

I prefer look buy rather than offer price travel

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have committed to buying 2 bikes recently and each time i have had a text or an e mail from the sellers about an hour before i am due to set off and collect it saying they have sold it to someone else , even though we have agreed a time .

I am sorry but call me old fashioned if you make an agreement then that's what you stick too .

Rant over :cursing:
You think that’s bad, I listened to my ex wife’s marriage vows :laugh:

perplexed

Guru
It's not just buying and selling, it's life in general. I really dislike unreliability. Of course, there's always the odd occasion when something crops up at the last minute which is completely unforseen, but some people make a habit out of it.

I know someone who's organised a 'group' activity a couple of times, with a fairly disparate set of people, several of whom I didn't know. I was asked to go to help out as I vaguely knew what I was talking about , despite the fact it was quite tricky to get due to work. Nevertheless, I made the effort and duly arrived.

On one occasion he bailed entirely, leaving me holding the proverbial baby. On the other, he turned up but I think he was more interested in the notion of the event and his enjoyment of it rather than the actual practicalities of running it. 'Detail', was something he left to some other sucker, namely me.

There won't be a third time...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is a verbal agreement not a contract in the UK? Of course even if it is you need to be able to prove it...
Yes it is

This wouldnt get me upset if it happened to me. Someone else presumably offered the asking price and were there with the cash. The OP may not have turned up

Accepting another offer and then not telling the OP would be a whole different league however

Top Bottom