Why do people shout from cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
medals said:
Hey I've just noticed. This is my first post on the new site.
Hi everyone!

Hello! Let's hope subsequent posts can be happier...:biggrin:

Maz, yeah, it might be worth reporting what you can. It sounds like the sort of car that might end up getting pulled over on spec, or for doing something minor, and if there's any sort of record it might cause them grief. Or if whoever takes your report happens to say to his mates down the station, "look out for this sort of car", and it is spotted, it might give them reason to pull it over for a check. The number plate style could be their downfall.

wherryman

Sorry to hear about that Maz - if its any consolation my expanding bald patch is attracting attention from motorists so I guess these morons just pick on the first thing they see - with you your skin may be a shade darker, with me my hair is a shade thinner. Same inadequate morons though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
wherryman said:
Sorry to hear about that Maz - if its any consolation my expanding bald patch is attracting attention from motorists so I guess these morons just pick on the first thing they see - with you your skin may be a shade darker, with me my hair is a shade thinner. Same inadequate morons though.

Someone has shouted at you for being bald?:biggrin::ohmy:!

That's it, I'm bloody emigrating....

Check the quote in my sig for the official reason.

Seriously though, how was reporting it? You were very right to.

I have been called things as comical as "lycra-tossmonkey" to Nazi and Aryan Scum (thanks to my looks). My retort to being called a Nazi was probably the only time I've thought up something decent on the spot.

Chavscum: "Oyoy ya faaakin' Nazi pr*ck"
Me: You're f*cking right I am, so what are you going to do about it sub-human?

Before laughing and tearing off.

His face when he heard "sub-human" made my week, I don't think he could have looked more gobsmaked if he found out that his mother knew who his father was, instead of having to guess.

Cab

I got called an 'ignorant Welsh tosser'.

I'm not Welsh. I don't sound Welsh. If it were possible to look Welsh, I'm sure I don't look Welsh either.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Maz said:
Had another one of those days yesterday. I'm starting to get thick-skinned about it, but it still gets to me. Riding back from work, minding my own business when I get racially abused by the occupants of a passing car; "F*ck off home you paki b*stard!" (the rest I couldn't make out).

Is it a dare? Are they p!ssed? Why?!
'kin tw@ts!

Just letting off steam, folks...
Response is :- "I will do after I've seen to your Mother / Wife / Daughter"

Also, if you go to the Polis, point out you couldn't get their number as it was one of those "swirly" illegal plates. Also, as someone else has said before, as they opened the window you were overcome by a strong odour of herbal cigarettes.
May not be true, but they could end up in a lock up with a finger up their @rse.

col

Legendary Member
I once got."You eat all the pies?ya fat bast@rd",cant for the life of me think why?

frog

Good on you for reporting it Maz! The fact the car has an unusual type of script on the plate is identification in it's own right. You can bet your bottom dollar as soon as you said that to the Cops they knew just who you were talking about. :biggrin:

bonj2

I must admit, I have been known to shout - when I'm driving up a hill in my van and there's a cyclist freewheeling down the other side to lean out and cheerily shout "PEDAL!"

hope nobody finds that offensive

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I have been called things as comical as "lycra-tossmonkey" to Nazi and Aryan Scum (thanks to my looks). My retort to being called a Nazi was probably the only time I've thought up something decent on the spot.

Chavscum: "Oyoy ya faaakin' Nazi pr*ck"
Me: You're f*cking right I am, so what are you going to do about it sub-human?

????:biggrin:

Do you have a slicked over fringe and a funny little moustache?

Nice retort - if there was a next time, for even better effect you could have a stab at it in German...

Cab - love the Welsh thing. Were you carrying leeks home from the allotment?

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I must admit, I have been known to shout - when I'm driving up a hill in my van and there's a cyclist freewheeling down the other side to lean out and cheerily shout "PEDAL!"

hope nobody finds that offensive

Probably only that in that situation, the cyclist has no idea that you also cycle, and will probably not have time to register the word, so will just hear an incoherant yell, and will think "Huh, bloody van driving yob..." So they'd probably be annoyed, rather than offended.

nilling

Über Member
I once had a teen female passenger shout "nice arse!" only for the car to stop in traffic. As I passed I said "cheers!" - the look on her face was priceless!!! :blush:

Top Bottom