Why do people shout from cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Why do people shout from cars? Because they have tiny brains and are inadequate in areas of there anatomy... why else would they think they were clever?

DLB

i had a similar situation about a week ago. some idiot in a mazda shouted as he passed me. lookily i wasn't that surprised and so i didn't swerve. another 200m up the road the car was stuck in traffic and so i got his number plate and knocked on the passenger window and thanked the idiot for shouting and asked him if he realised how dangerous it was. I got a load of crap back and i backed off whe i realised there were three in the car whist i was all alone.

i didn't report it to the police as didn't think they wuld do anything. the driver didn'tdo the shouting and so i'm not sure they could trace the passenger. Is it worth reporting? I do have the reg number.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
DLB said:
Is it worth reporting? I do have the reg number.
I'd say yes, especially if you have the reg. My incident was in the category of Hate Crime. I was able to report it online.

Tynan

Veteran
good show Maz

and isn;t a driver responsible for the behaviour of their passengers?

or have I made that up?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Or was he just pleased to see you?

Sorry... I've got my coat on already, I'll go...
Arch is on form today!...she's had lorry drivers checking out her arse, Patrick Stevens showing her his 'kitkat'...and now this!
Morals of an alley cat!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
DLB said:
i had a similar situation about a week ago. some idiot in a mazda shouted as he passed me. lookily i wasn't that surprised and so i didn't swerve. another 200m up the road the car was stuck in traffic and so i got his number plate and knocked on the passenger window and thanked the idiot for shouting and asked him if he realised how dangerous it was. I got a load of crap back and i backed off whe i realised there were three in the car whist i was all alone.

i didn't report it to the police as didn't think they wuld do anything. the driver didn'tdo the shouting and so i'm not sure they could trace the passenger. Is it worth reporting? I do have the reg number.

Might as well report it. Rotherham Police have got at least one more report recently about this kind of behaviour. Bunch of prats in a purple Rover outside Hellaby Hall.

They do try to follow it up

try 0114 220 2020

snorri

Legendary Member
I have never heard any vehicle driver shout at me.
Maybe it's because I cycle so fast that there simply is not time to wind the window down and shout before I am too far away to hear them:biggrin:

DLB

i've just called the boys in blue and given them the details of the incident and they said it i went to a police station to give a written statement then they would pay the driver a visit and speak with him about the behaviour of his passengers. So a statement will be made on Monday.

a bit of success i feel

Tynan

Veteran
yes, well done

I've certainly had people shout at me, usually for fun (for them), once I had something thrown at me, to this day not sure what it was but it cut the side of my face, not happy at the time, especially as it was sub sero and sleeting at the time

anyway, good ride home tonight in the dark and the traffic, happy bunny

bonj2

gambatte said:
Might as well report it. Rotherham Police have got at least one more report recently about this kind of behaviour. Bunch of prats in a purple Rover outside Hellaby Hall.

They do try to follow it up

try 0114 220 2020

at least if they don't do anything about the particular incident it ups the statistics which means overall they should be more aware of a problem.

bonj2

Cab said:
I got called an 'ignorant Welsh tosser'.

I'm not Welsh. I don't sound Welsh. If it were possible to look Welsh, I'm sure I don't look Welsh either.
:blush:
were you in wales at the time?
if so it could be explained by the fact that the perpetrator isn't from wales and is having a bit of a bad day with the welsh.
if not, it could be that they either think (a) all cyclists are welsh, or (:smile: that again, they're just having a bad day with the welsh.

Arch said:
Probably only that in that situation, the cyclist has no idea that you also cycle, and will probably not have time to register the word, so will just hear an incoherant yell, and will think "Huh, bloody van driving yob..." So they'd probably be annoyed, rather than offended.

It shouldn't matter to them whether I cycle or not. If they're going to take offence, they should take offence at the actual words said, rather than the fact they're said out of the window of a motor vehicle. The fact is that with very few exceptions they should be pedalling. Not pedalling down a hill is a tell-tale sign of a pob.

Top Bottom