Why do people with small to average size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Uncle Mort said:
BBC-HD over satellite is very good, but to be honest the choice is poor. ITV HD is laughable, and that's it for free to view stuff from the UK.

ITV are still kitting out their studios. C4HD (when it goes FTA between now and next November is anyone's guess) is interesting currently as the autumn schedules they've started beefing up the schedule after months of drifting. There have been upto two films in a single night in HD and some of the other stuff is - Location, Locatation, Location, The Devil's Whore, the doc on Prince John, Niall Ferguson's new series and even this thing on american evangelicals next week.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Eat MY Dust said:
Well I find myself in somewhat of a strange uncomfortable place where I actually agree with Simoncc. QUOTE]

Same here. I look at TV with my eyes in the same way that I asses Hi-Fi not by whether it produces good sound but whether it makes music. I'm not a great TV watcher or movie addict, but thus far I've yet to see a modern plasma/LCD TX that's the equal of my old 25" Sony CRT. There's a reason why TV shops have loads of flat screen TV's playing cartoons or animation and not live action...

As for buying huge screens for small rooms, it's just a status/bragging amongst mates thing, it easier to do than buying quality.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
SD looks awful on LCDs because of the morons and penny pinchers that keep on shoving more and more channels down the same space. The bad bit is not this in itself but willfully doing it to such an extent to get a massive drop in quality which is what has happened. It's starting to happen with HD too ;).

Top Bottom