Why do so many of the pro's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
not wear gloves during the TT's. To me gloves are also a very important protection if coming to grief and sliding down the road.

I've also just been looking for the umpteenth time at the photos on Cyclingnews of yesterdays TT, there is absolutely no doubt how much effort the riders have to give in that discipline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Gerolsteiner and Milram teams must have read your comment, Keith.
I noticed that they are wearing gloves that bare an uncanny resemblance to washing-up gloves! :thumbsup:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not wearing gloves is a TT'ers thing. I don't know why. Maybe because they aren't long enough to cause much discomfort. Sometimes I find gloves can be a bit slippy when using tribars and bare hands can feel more secure, although personally I prefer wearing gloves to help wipe away the drool and snot. Seems to clear the sinuses somewhat in my case.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't wear gloves full stop - to be honest, I stopped years before the 'washable' ones were available - used to have the leather palmed ones, but they just didn't wash. I am looking at getting some gloves, but haven't made the move - and yes I have gravel rashed them in crashes before. Plus I'm an ex. TT'er so that's probably why.

Top Bottom