Why do spiders like living in my car wing mirrors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My bicycles have spiders.

with cranks and pedals

D

Deleted member 1258

I to have resident spiders in my car, it's nice to know I'm not alone. Strong little blighters, even after an hour at 70 on the motorway they're still there.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We filled the back of our Landy with the remains of a cypress hedge and took it to the dump. Several hundred spiders decamped and took refuge in the many nooks and crannies in the Landy especially the dashboard and sun visors. From then onwards whenever you drove it you would be distracted by several spiders abseiling into your field of vision, which was quite dangerous because you couldn't help yourself swiping at them as they swung around.

byegad

Legendary Member
We have them too. A couple of years ago we had a holiday in France, and came back with a different species in the mirrors which presumably had evicted their British cousins. The French species were still there when we sold that car.

byegad

Legendary Member
Clean your cars people and squirt a jet behind the wing mirrors for web free nirvana
This person is insane!
Clean a car? I hardly ever clean my trikes, why would I waste my time cleaning a car when the garage do it regularly? (As in every year when it goes in for a service.) Lady Byegad who is the owner would see it as beneath her dignity to clean it and who am I, a mere mortal, to disagree with SWMBO?

Top Bottom