Why do spiders like living in my car wing mirrors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Why do spiders like living in my car wing mirrors?

Doesn't matter what the weather is, or the time of year.

Even after I wash the car, there they are, spinning webs...

incy2.jpg

:rolleyes:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's convenient for fixing their makeup.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used to find 'Solihullis Arachnis' in the internal guttering (roof folds) of my 90's & 110'
Oddly, the Discovery never suffered

Now, my Octavia has one in the near-side door mirror housing
I asked my daughter a couple of weeks ago about her car spiders and whether hers were, like mine, on the driver side. They were. What is wrong with the other mirror, that's what I want to know?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There are loads on the door mirror of my van. The garden of Chateau slowmotion is completely over-run with them. You have to flail your arms about like a windmill to get out of the back door. They rebuild their webs within hours. Clever little buggers.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We have them in our car wing mirrors too.

I also have a spider residing on my Spa bike handlebars. Most mornings I have a single strand of thread between the bars, glinting on sunny days.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have a homing moth resident in my Landrover. He has been there for about a year despite me frequently shoeing him out of the window at speed and often some distance after leaving home, sometimes 1 or 2 miles away.
He always manages to find his way back and will flutter out to say hello shortly after I set off to go anywhere.
How long do moths live for?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The spiders inside the back door are about 4mm across, including their legs. They hang down eight feet from the ceiling on tiny threads. In terms of body size, that's the equivalent of me dangling on the end of a thin cord a thousand metres long. Brave little creatures.:cheers:

Top Bottom