Why do you R on FN ttC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I'm stuck in bloody Shropshire... :sad:

Oy !

What's wrong with Shropshire ?

(Apart from the fact, that I live there ?) :smile:

Whereabouts in Shropshire are you ?

U

User10571

The young Teef at play:

the-sound-of-music-maria-w-friedrich-guitar-standing-preparing-to-teach-them-singing.png
Play ball or play guitar?
Which of the above two do you perceive as Teef, please?
Just curious, like....

View attachment 37506
It makes a change from his usual lederhosen.
I used to look just like that. Then I woke up...some bleedin' woman strumming a guitar in my ear.
Since then I have avoided the 'highly-strung element', preferring ones that can fend er for themselves...
The ones with no strings attached are the most enigmatic, but often they're over the hill (the one which is alive with etc...)
Play ball or play guitar?
Which of the above two do you perceive as Teef, please?
Just curious, like....
It's deffo me with the big ball User10571. When I was a shepherd back in the day, I would always go 'bell for leather' at the local football club disco - I always ended up with a ball. I was sayin' to 'me Julie' "Can you play that farkin' thing or what? And where's your strap?"

(It was a lovely ride out tonight...massive tailwind and just a wincy bit of rain...unlike an FNRttC) :smile:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Sheriffhales, outside Telford.

It isn't Shropshire, per se, but the fact that my home is in Cambridge and I have to spend the week in Shropshire...

If you'd been closer, I'd have offered to buy you a pint . . . but you're in the wrong part of the county.

Quagga

Almost extinct
My first was a Marlets ride in Sep 2010.
Newly married, I'd moved back to London from Moscow that year, and needed a target to focus on to help me get back into commmuting by bike. The whole idea of travelling at night just appealed straight away, the quirkiness, the lack of sleep, the lack of traffic and the way my stupid emailed questions got polite amusing responses from DZ i.e. if we leave at midnight and its a Friday night ride, do we arrive on Friday or Saturday morning?

One charity ride later I was hooked, whilst I managed a few rides in 2011, baby no.1 quickly appeared, followed by baby no. 2 last year, and so I'm now down to a one ride a year. This years will be in June, and I already can't wait.

StuartG

slower but further
I do smilies ^_^

Changing tack, oh how I hate Februaries and why I'm hating this thread. Long time no FNRttCs and still 6 weeks to go before possible resupply. Classic addict symptoms of withdrawal here. How do others cold turkey?

StuartG

slower but further
I'm just worried that I'll never be fit enough to do one again
The next is Southend via Stock so the least taxing provided the ford doesn't freeze. Or indeed if there is anything left above river level. It has the bonus of the finest halfway stop to draw you on. Southend (via the less salubrious M25 services) was my first in 2009 and the cheese & doodah hill is a mountain compared to what this run into Southend offers.

I so remember the fear of doing something I had not even contemplated before and so scared of not being able to complete. Which made the completion such a great achievement and a monumental step in my cycling life. So TMN feeling you may not be up to it may paradoxically add a little frisson to your next ride. But I doubt any ride will ever match your first FNRttC no matter how much Simon ups the anti. Brussels/Ostend will be merely interesting :rolleyes:

Quagga

Almost extinct
More night rides => less babies?

Certainly fewer babies with my genes anyway... fewer babies overall who knows

To be fair the die was set, when after the Marlets ride, I came home, went straight to the bed and crashed out.
Only to wake up several hours later and find the very nice breakfast my wife had cooked to welcome me home, congealed on the kitchen table.
She wasn't impressed

Top Bottom