Why do ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
gives a gnats of use for rain and sun

must have been a fairly freakish accident with the peak, mine at least is only just about attached to the helmet

John the Monkey said:
I ride a road bike, and I keep the peak, personally, it keeps rain out of my eyes (a bit).

Cycling in the rain! What's that all about? :biggrin:

I wear a helmet, but remove the peak for some reason completely unknown to me! :wacko:
But I always wear specs (not prescribed) for sun, rain, dust, insects, wind, and holding my eyeballs in place when 'zooming' along! :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
It's to ensure we don't get mistaken for MTB's:ohmy:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It blocks vision if you are riding in the drops, causing you to arch your neck - which is a bummer.

If I want a peak I put a cycling cap on, then I can flip it up out of the way if I want to, and it keeps all manner of sun / rain / cold off the top of my head too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Simply down to Road helmets don't have peaks, and vision, that's it.... head down arse up !!

Although Giro do Peaks on the Pneumo now.....that'll be off if I get a new one !

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
It blocks vision if you are riding in the drops, causing you to arch your neck - which is a bummer.

I tend to ride head up anyway (otherwise I'd be looking over the top of my glasses, not good, given my short sightedness :biggrin: ).

Top Bottom