Why does my brake lever go all way to grip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

shawninvan

how have i set them up wrong? can you help me? i have them perfectly flush with the rim... i have done that step several times??
where am i going wrong?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why did you post this on Monday at 15;15: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/v-brake-issues-do-i-need-v-brake-levers.250611/

....then this post at 22.14?

OP
OP
S

shawninvan

Is this spacer set up correct >?? its a park tool video.. but i swear i saw it a different way on another video... the spacers seem wrong to me

Attachments

• brk.jpg
    brk.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
S

shawninvan

this is a park tool video - is this spacer set up correct? i thought i saw it different on another video..

Attachments

• brk.jpg
    brk.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
S

shawninvan

how about spacer set up in video?? right or wrong?? i thought the two small convex washers are beside the brake.. thisn one has one convex and once concave...

robgul

Legendary Member
The sequence from the rubber going outwards is: concave, convex, brake, convex, concave, washer, nut/tube nut [That's how V-brake blocks come in when you buy them - the thicker concaves are normally next to the block but can be swapped in some instances to suit the forks/distance to the wheel rim] - the convex/concave interfaces obviously allow for toe-in and alignment.

Rob

Globalti

Legendary Member
What? A third post on the same subject? I'm really confused now!

OP
OP
S

shawninvan

i am awaer of that but in the photo on top he has one concave and one convex on the brake.. he has it going from tire side out... concave convex brake concave convex washer bolt... is that wrong???

I can't actually tell but it looks wrong. You put them on in the order that they arrive on the bolt, as Robgul says, so it doesn't really matter about the picture, just get them in the right order.

Reactions: C R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
how have i set them up wrong? can you help me? i have them perfectly flush with the rim... i have done that step several times??
where am i going wrong?
They are flush when you havent pulled the brake lever. They have to be flush when pulled to the rim. As you release they are no longer flush. Thats how they work.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom