Why have the BBC not bought the new spitting image

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
So they expect people to pay a subscription on top of their licence fee? Well they'll get nothing from me.
As soon as it's decriminalised they won't even get the licence fee from me.

Drago

Legendary Member
First of all, they won't be able to get the police to execute search warrants once it becomes a purely civil process, so will never be able to prove I was watching tv unless i was daft enough to let them in or admit to it. Which im not.

Second, I have no credit and no intention of ever taking any, so even in the very, very unlikely event I got caught thats not a very scary prospect.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I find it disgusting that they spend money on dross and pushing gay shoot at every opportunity yet miss out on the funniest thing that has ever been on TV .
P.S i dont own a television .
Is this a serious or a wind up?

The BBC output includes much which I don't watch or enjoy but this is largely because it's what modern audiences demand. I've yet to see the Beeb "pushing gay shoot." What exactly is "gay shoot?" I'd be interested to learn.

As for Spitting Image as someone who watched most episodes 36 years ago I feel it was of it's time. It's unusual for resurrected programmes to repeat their previous success.

If it was on the BBC I'd watch a couple of episodes hoping it would be good but I have my doubts. I'm in the mildly disappointed camp rather than the outraged one.

Dave7

Legendary Member
When and where ?
Hopefully on the radio as i dont have a tv .
Yeah.......it should look good on the radio :wacko:

I use Nowtv till recently so didn't need to pay...as long as I didn't use freeview and I would never dream of doing that. They send people from Nottingham to call on non payers in Lincolnshire? So they are not even giving Lincolnshire people some wages to call on nonpayers. The best bit is they can't find loads of houses as most have got names not numbers. There's 3 houses i can think of with no name on there house or very difficult to see ones.

Top Bottom