Why I dislike DIY.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Just been trying to put up a new picture. Thought I was getting a bit of resistance when drilling the hole.......... gave it a bit of a push....... then wooossssshhhhhhhhhhhh..... out spurts the water :biggrin:

Sat waiting for the emergency plumber to come now. Why do things like this happen at great times? Sunday evenings, bank holiday weekends?

Hugo, thank God you are up here in Cleveland, I fear a linching party may have been on the way round had you done this in Gloucestershire!!!!!

At least it hasn't been too bad a day here today, and tomorrow morning is supposed to be dry, a 40 miler first thing I think..

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
Plumber has just been and jointed the pipes :biggrin:. At least we can have a cuppa now.

The builders couldn't have got the pipes any closer to dead centre in the middle of the wall. They must know that people will want to hang picture in the hall. B******S.

As we were trying to catch the water in the wok, I did think about the poor people whose homes are under feet of water. Put this little incident in to perspective.

Gunner - nice to see you on these shores! Was nice when I was out this morning. Went over to Hutton Rudby, Carlton, Ingleby Greenhow and back home through Great Ayton. Only 32 miles but a nice ride.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
spesh said:
Murphy's Law. :biggrin:

Murphy's Law states that if something can go wrong, however unlikely the circumstances, then it will, eventually.

This is more like Sod's Law which I would define as:

When something goes wrong it will do so at a time and in such a manner as to cause the maximum possible damage, expense and/or inconvenience.

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
Mr Phoebus said:
You've scared me now, from now on I'm putting all my pictures up with blu-tack.

Wish I had gone for this option. At least I know where the pipes are now :biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
I did that once::biggrin: Put a nail into a floor board straight through a central heating pipe.. Nightmare:ohmy::ohmy:, fortunately I was able to fix it myself by sticking a new section of pipe in. I keep the old section with embedded nail as a reminder to be careful.

Top Bottom