Why I hate H*lfrauds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not good news, but I assume you didn't notice the freehub catching the frame then.... any funny noises - get off and look - I pass so many creaking and clanking bikes it's unreal...... might have saved some time - at least they are looking into the issues though.

Problem with Halfords is that it's not a proper bike shop - just a supermarket really, and the lads doing the work on bikes, are usually just that, and not paid much.

I have a great mechanic..............me !!!! - But I am a fussy blighter, not easy to please !

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

So far they've been fairly good about sending the bike back, i have other means of getting around now so I'll cut them a little slack.

The freehub/freewheel just disintigrated and unfortunately I was going full pelt at the time... so it's chewed up the frame somewhat.

Depending on what happens once they get the frame back to the manufacturers, I may have to take things to the head office... they've messed me around, so the least I can do it make sure I get exactly what I want at the end of it.

thanks the the support guys.

Andy

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
As simple as a bicycle is, it is too complicated a machine to be prepared and maintained by a car accessory shop who will employ anyone who can walk through the door without pulling it off it's hinges.

Arch

Married to Night Train
dudi said:
I'll let you all know how I get on... but it does prove the point that if you want something done you've got to talk to the puppeteer, not the marrionette. the organ grinder, rather than the monkey.

My favourite is "the engine driver, not the oily rag...":biggrin:

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

Aha! i got a result today... thought I should share it with you all.

After much prodding, CB have decided that I will be blessed with a brand spanking new bike.

I have been to the store a few times, and finally found a helpful chap named Stewart. thanks stewart!

I should have the new bike on Monday or tuesday.

YAY

I still think you should have pushed for a refund.

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

No point. I like the bike... it suits me as it's not too fancy. And it's blue.

The bike it great, it's just that one component that let it down... I hope it doesn't happen again. if it does, I may consider asking for a refund.

As it is, i can't wait to get back in the saddle and get some winter miles clocked up.

while it's been in the shop I've bought myself a new set of bibshorts and a couple of new jerseys.. they need trying out!!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
dudi said:
No point. I like the bike... it suits me as it's not too fancy. And it's blue.

The bike it great, it's just that one component that let it down... I hope it doesn't happen again. if it does, I may consider asking for a refund.

As it is, i can't wait to get back in the saddle and get some winter miles clocked up.

while it's been in the shop I've bought myself a new set of bibshorts and a couple of new jerseys.. they need trying out!!

Don't forget the Cycle Chat Jerseys !!!

Top Bottom