Why I hate H*lfrauds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killiekosmos

Veteran
dudi said:
Hi everyone, I'm very new here... have just bought my first ever road bike a few months ago on the Cycle 2 Work scheme run through Halfrauds. I love the bike, it's great. a Claud Butler San Remo. I know it's not a fancy dan bike, it only has 14 gears and it's quite heavy. but i have done many hundreds of miles in the few months I've had it, and every one was ejoyable... except for when I got lost and ended up doing about 20 miles more than I had planned....

Last Sunday (28/10/07) while out on a long run, the rear freewheel (yes, freewheel, not cassette) broke., somehow. and I was stranded, managed to get my old man to come and give me a lift home.

Since then it has been at Halfords, awaiting the new freewheel to be put on the bike. I took it in and was told, "oh yeah, that'll be fine maet, got some coming in on wednesday, standard stock so we'll pop another one on for you" wednesday comes and goes, so does thursday and I havent had a call from them to tell me what's happening. so i call them on friday and chase them up. apparently they didnt get the part in on their order... but didn't have the decency to tell me! they still haven't fixed the bloody thing, 10 days after i took it in! they also have never once phoned me to give me an update. I have called them and ben promised dates 3 times.

Now, is it unreasonable of me to think theyre useless tw@ts? do repairs take this long at half decent places?

The jarring thing is that it has cost me nearly £20 in bus fares to get to work so far... I could have taken the £20 to my LBS and got it fixed. but it was on warantee so I took it to them...

The latest update is that there is a company wide shortage of these "standard parts". which is rubbish, as I know they have them at the other halfords store in Ipswich...

I'm very sorry for the length of this post. but i am very annoyed.

Grrrrr

Andy.

Doesn't your employer own the bike? You should get them involved. They must have some clout.

Abitrary

I love the sensual stimulation of halfords.

The intitial auditory tease of the In Car Entertainment.... the bisto-like lure of the turtle wax car deodorants.

Then finally bike hut; the bikes offering themselves like amsterdam whores in the glowing week-day twilight.

Dirty.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Keith Oates said:
Are they 'dirty' because they're second hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, it's coz their cables are loose, their saddlebags are a bit on the big side, and people think they'll be a good ride but don't know what they're letting themselves in for. :tongue:

Top Bottom