Why is carbon fibre so addictive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
I must be the complete opposite to the OP - I even put cheap metal bottle cages on my carbon framed bike! I took one look at the price of a single CF bottle cage and promptly bought 2 metal ones at a fraction of the price - mind you, they are in matching black!!

Blue

Legendary Member
must just be me for CF, i dont feel that bad after seeing what people have done/spent on there bikes of this forum which i guess is a plus. Suppose Its like doing a car up really, pimping it out :becool:

Wouldn't suit my style as it's hard to see my bikes under the layer of grime - other than the drivetrain and rims/brakes, I only clean my bikes when I'm seriously in the mood; which isn't often.

I sit squarely in the 'bikes are for riding, not polishing & admiring' camp. :becool:

OP
OP
scotty110788

scotty110788

Nope - not just you mate. I have a serious CF fetish! Water bottle cages, monocoque handlebar/stem, computer mount, brake calipers, seatpost, wheels, saddle. At present there is nothing on my bike that can't be CF. Now I hunt for lighter, prettier parts - I simply love the feel and look of CXF, especially if it's well laquered and polished.
well glad theres someone worse than me :whistle: had a few mixed responses on this but steel just dont do it for me, and i dont get the whole brooks saddle thing :blush: not sayin no more incase i offend to many people ; ), 2 of our trikes at work have them lol

G-Zero

Über Member
Anyone else just want to constantly upgrade there bike even though no need to?

It's all your fault Scotty ! Unwittingly you planted that small seed of doubt and today I felt myself, for the first time ever, strangely drawn to a carbon bottle cage.

It does look the part though and goes nice with the carbon forks, however I give you fair warning that geographically, you're not too far away if Mrs. G-Zero ever queries why there's nowt left in the joint account ^_^

snailracer

Über Member
I love Carbon, it has a real quality about about it for me.......I even like burnt toast
And it's lighter and stiffer than plain bread :biggrin:

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
If you like carbon...and can afford it ...go for it and enjoy the research, fitting and tweaking, but above all the riding

I commute daily on steel....seriously comfortable, bombproof and a real workhorse.

I have an alu road bike which is on the turbo at the mo ...lovely bike and I have done some of my best riding on this bike

AND.....I bought some carbon just before the bad weather this year.........MY GOD ITS GOOD and I am looking forward to spring

I can see why you're addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

viper

I would love a CF MTB but to afraid of smashing it up , on another note all my fishing rods and poles are CF ,theirs some serious money when you consider what you get ,£2500 for 16M of CF Pole :sad:

Top Bottom