Why is the a separate thread for Bkool trainers ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
There must be an obvious reason that I'm missing.
I'm not having a go............I don't know enough about them.........its a serious question.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Because of the amount of posts regarding turbos from about September - March and the large number of users of smart trainers

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think it's because bkool were arguably the first with a properly mass-market-priced smart trainer and because the software was so flaky, at least when it first came out. Hence lots of "HTF do I do this?" type posts.

It grates with me a little TBH, as the hardware and software in the smart trainer market has ballooned in the last year or two, so I don't see why bkool gets special billing.

2oldnslow

"It grates with me a little TBH, as the hardware and software in the smart trainer market has ballooned in the last year or two, so I don't see why bkool gets special billing."

Have to say I pretty much agree with this sentiment I don't have a Bkool trainer as I chose to go in another direction and to be honest a few days into a Bkool/Zwift comparison from my experience Zwift wins hands down.

That being said the sheer volume of Bkool users on the forum shows how popular it is

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I do the ideas and get other people to implement them.
But it was my idea really. Your idea is just a copy built on someone else's copy of my idea which I originally posted as I had no idea of the reason:blink:

Shaun

Founder
A late follow-up, but the Bkool thread on CC was getting a lot of traction, as is the "virtual" trainer market - so I set-up the new forum on the basis that it would be expanded later as it became more popular, but kept Bkool in the title because that's how everyone was finding the thread (via Google) and I kept it in the same area as the regular training advice forum as there was bound to be some cross-over shortly after separation.

I've now renamed it slightly to put the virtual trainer part first and added a couple of other brands to get more "pull" over the next few months: Virtual Trainers: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others

Once "Virtual Training" becomes common / established I will be able to remove the brand names as the threads within that forum will contain enough mentions of them to attract visitors in their own right. :okay:

See ... there's madness in my method. ^_^

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom