Why is the condition Numb Nuts called something that is isn't ?

Do you periodically suffer with the inappropriately named NUMB NUTS condition ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philh

Über Member
I found if I rubbed the chamois cream all over the meat & 2 veg it tends to alleviate it, just be careful not to rub too hard

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have it every time I go out on a ride. I end up having to stand off the saddle for a few seconds every 20-30 minutes.

New saddle needed ASAP

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boys, and possibly girls, you need a saddle that's relatively FLAT, especially in the middle, and hasn't too much padding so your sit bones hit the saddle without sinking in. Cut outs or not (despite some of mine having cut outs) the best ones are quite flat side to side.

Everyone is individual though. Decent shorts help.

Crandoggler

Very rarely after a long climb. Mainly because I lean forward putting pressure on the old chap. Hasn't happened for months though.

Personally I have my saddle ever so slightly tilted down.

Tojo

Über Member
I'm not even on my bikes since having a cyst removed in said region last Thursday........:shy:

RCITGuy

By way of various experiments, I have cooncluded this to be a not just 1 thing causing it, but a combo of many things, which if you get them all wrong, will cause you a lot of discomfort...
  • Saddle choice.
  • Saddle position.
  • Padded shorts.
  • Pre-ride chamois cream.
Saddle choice is critical, get it wrong and you definately should not be spending anymore time riding uncomfortably, and should change it immediately. For me, being fairly heavy at 100kg+, a Fizik Aliante VSX (Bull) saddle was the widest and firmest option with the biggest channel down the middle and made the biggest difference straight away.

Getting the correct saddle to take the weight of your sit bones is the biggest factor, then once you get that right, you will find you only have minor discomforts to deal with, and that is where saddle positioning (Fore/aft/tilt) all come into play, so again this will require experimenting, which for me were the weekly 2hr club rides.. Immediately after each ride, whilst still "fresh" from the saddle, work out which part is sore, and adjust the saddle tilt by never more than 5mm at the absolute most...

After a few weeks of messing until that was spot on, got some decent shorts (Endura 260 pro) with wide ass pads, but was advised to go down 1 size to make sure they were tight and didnt move around, and DAMN what a difference, its like night/day...

Decent chamois cream is good too, so long as you have the first 3 items sorted. If you get those wrong, chamois cream isnt going to do a great deal for your sore ass

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I always find that a post ride massage regime helps to alleviate the symptoms. That and sitting down on the toilet when doing the necessary.

Top Bottom