Why is there a V on the side of SunTour VX derailleur?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ridelover9941

I have a couple vintage SunTour VX rear derailleurs in my collection, aside the original one that was on my vintage Fuji bike. I love the SunTour derailleurs all models besides VX, but one thing that's confusing me is why there a V on the side of the derailleur? Maybe it's saying it's a part of the V series? I just don't know.

I have a couple vintage SunTour VX rear derailleurs in my collection, aside the original one that was on my vintage Fuji bike. I love the SunTour derailleurs all models besides VX, but one thing that's confusing me is why there a V on the side of the derailleur? Maybe it's saying it's a part of the V series? I just don't know.
Yep, the V was ‘V series’ the x became known as x for ‘extra light’

Alan O

Über Member
Ha, I just checked my two. I'd never noticed that big V before - can't miss it now I know it's there.

Top Bottom