Why is this not coming to Uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly Raleigh UK are not interested in getting these here I tried back in 2014. They are Raleigh USA built. I did get a very good price £650 I think from a US retailer but the shipping and all the duty put the mockers on that. Raleigh UK showed one at a few shows and when the European Cyclo Cross was in the UK. Not enough interest I guess. You can not even get to talk or email Raleigh UK such a shame that a once great British company is now owned by the Dutch and bikes come from the far east.

I built my own in the end without the belt drive though. Chinese carbon Cyclo Cross frame set, carbon stem, bars and seat post. Hope rear hub and SP dynamo front with Stans Grail rims laced with Sapim D Light spokes. Tubless Shwalbe tyres. TRP Hylux hydraulic discs. Son front and rear lights and a wheel Mfg. eccentric bottom bracket. total cost was about £800 but is a one off, light and exactly (apart from the belt drive) what I wanted.

You have built a pretty nice bike,and all for under a grand.
You get the thumbs up too :thumbsup:
^_^

@stevevw
Can you remember the final price of the bike,plus shipping etc etc ?

My original Stridas had belt drive, and I am quite prepared to accept that they have improved.

My issue was that if you put too much pressure on the pedals, the belt would slip

stevevw

Guru
I have a friend at work who has a Focus hub geared bike, he has had no trouble at all with the belt.

Last edited:

stevevw

Guru
This is my version during the build.

carbon bike.jpg

Looked back and had a quote from Joe Bikes of Portland August 2014 of $600 for shipping Bike was around $1000 plus the Duty and VAT so not really viable for me and now that the new RX-S is $1600 and the pound to dollar is not so good I would say build your own.

Agreed :okay:

Top Bottom