Why must everyone have a Mountain Bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Success!

He's off to buy a Carrera Subway - on budget and IMO just the right sort of bike for a short commute (his ride is only 1.3 miles each way though the plan is to take a few detours) and some general leisure rides including some light trail

He's NEVER (by his own admission) going to take it properly "mountain biking"

subaqua

What’s the point
I have to agree with the comment about CX bikes not being very well known.

still happy with my MTB and gave it some aggro in epping at the weekend. looking forward to Thetford in 3 weeks, but meanwhile i will still be riding to work on it as i can just continue to the forest if i feel like it on the way home.

peelywally

How did people cycle up and down mountains before mountain bikes came along? I've found a book on bikes from 1979 and the term 'mountain bike' doesn't appear anywhere, nor are there any obvious equivalents!

I think most uninformed people see chunky tyres and suspension and just assume that's going to be better than a rigid frame and skinny wheels!

i might be wrong but im sure the mtb was a purpose built bike for a Himalayan trip or somewhere similar , it featured on an episode of blue peter i think ,

and was based on a road bike and hippy downhill racing bikes , it was a solid frame bike i think and raliegh again i think brought out a high street version the amazon ?

Top Bottom