Why the hatred?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
Yes I've been sworn and beeped at. Very occasionally I retaliate but mostly I just ignore the situation.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's just one of those things that happens. In London, you come across a few in the course of a year, but that's not surprising given the sheer density of traffic. I've pretty much taught myself to ignore them, but if I feel that they have crossed the line into utter tosserdom, I'll get extremely rude when I catch them at the next set of lights. I wouldn't recommend getting a camera. Personally, I don't want to get on my bike expecting to be a victim. It spoils the fun.
BTW,:welcome:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Being 2m skinhead and heavily built does seem to deter it and when I get it and inevitably catch up at the next traffic lights they either have seemingly forgotten about it or become very interested in their steering wheel while you bang on the window.

You have to feel sorry for them though, paying a fortune in car repayments, insurance and petrol, speed cameras, traffic wardens, never able to find a parking space at work and all they have to show for it is an expanding waist line and imagined kudos from the neighbours. I'd probably feel cheesed off at cyclists too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Being 2m skinhead and heavily built does seem to deter it and when I get it and inevitably catch up at the next traffic lights they either have seemingly forgotten about it or become very interested in their steering wheel while you bang on the window.

You have to feel sorry for them though, paying a fortune in car repayments, insurance and petrol, speed cameras, traffic wardens, never able to find a parking space at work and all they have to show for it is an expanding waist line and imagined kudos from the neighbours. I'd probably feel cheesed off at cyclists too.
Doesn't work if you're not and weigh 145 llbs though,had two wvm jump out and try to grab me on Friday after they close passed me and I shouted a warning.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
13 years I've ridden to work now and I've been pretty lucky really only had a few incidents of abuse! Like a lot of people are saying just laugh it off I always see the funny side of it :hello:

The only time I can recall 'get on the f'cking cycle path was from the last person who should be bothered a motor bike. \There probably was other times but don't dwell on it. Some folk are just to$$ers what can I say just ignore it and don't dwell on it either.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Weirdly, I find that riding with a camera make me more relaxed. Instead of spending the rest of my ride fuming at bad overtake/left-hook/abuse/whatever idiocy it was, I can just think "I'll see you on roadsafe, mate" and get on with things.

Most of the time when I look back at the footage I don't even bother sending it in, though I do when it's clearly actionable and I did get one notable success (car on cycle path, registered keeper refused to identify driver, six points + fine)

Bodhbh

Guru
Some stupid abuse that doesn't even seem to have any point to it happens now and then, not very often, but it's happens...maybe once every few months. /ignore.

hoppym27

Sometimes on the towpath the canada geese can be very rude and initimidating...they hiss and wave their wings at me in a threatening manner!....the salford scallys of the bird world!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It can make you a little paranoid unfortunately. Not long ago a small group of us were on a narrow country road, when a car came up behind, beeping its horn. I half turned, stuck up the middle finger and righteously told the driver to fark right off.

When the little old white-haired lady eventually passed, it dawned on me that she was merely warning us of her presence. Oops. :blush:

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
One of these days someone in a small car will diss me and I'll lift it onto its side.
someone pushed Drago too far this morning
Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Pic-51-1024x427.jpg

Top Bottom