Why the heck...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Right. I've had the same pair of shoes (trainer type) for about a year. And I've got 3 or 4 pairs of near identical socks, (different colours, but same pattern, thickness etc).

For nearly a year then, I've been wearing these shoes, and one of these pairs of socks, almost every day.

So why have the socks, in the last week, decided to start twisting round inside the shoe, so that I end up with the heel on top of my foot, and the top of the sock all down inside the shoe, not round my ankle?:ohmy:

I can only assume that as the shoes wear and become more and more soft, there's more room inside them? Although I lace them up just as tight.

Also, why could the Royal Mail not manage to get my Mum's birthday card to her today, despite me posting it first class on Tuesday!:ohmy: And why do I feel guilty about this fact?

chris42

Arch said:
Also, why could the Royal Mail not manage to get my Mum's birthday card to her today, despite me posting it first class on Tuesday!:ohmy: And why do I feel guilty about this fact?

This is so your mother can be:
a) disapointed with you
:biggrin: angry with you
c) make you feel your brother/sister would never do that.

Because this happened to me at the begining of the month and I posted the card 7 working days in advance!:ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
Also, why could the Royal Mail not manage to get my Mum's birthday card to her today, despite me posting it first class on Tuesday! And why do I feel guilty about this fact?

There has been a post office strike here,i wonder if its been everywhere or just local,could have been responsible?

Mr Phoebus

Fabric conditioner making them soft and slippy.... Ooooer!

You could always train them: In a loud commanding voice shout "STAY!!!"

Melvil

col said:
Also, why could the Royal Mail not manage to get my Mum's birthday card to her today, despite me posting it first class on Tuesday! And why do I feel guilty about this fact?

There has been a post office strike here,i wonder if its been everywhere or just local,could have been responsible?

Yep - there are postal worker strikes all over the place which are causing knock-on effects so may well be why your card is late.

Funny, these strikes, they don't seem to be working at all (it's about pay and job cuts as always)....whereas if any doctors, GPs or consultants merely threatened a strike the government would no doubt give them a massive pay rise and improved conditions!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:

for the same reason that mrs alecetc's (who's birthday is also today) mum in edinburgh gets stuff a day later than her granny in dundee (they share a birthday).

and the sock thing, is there less arch than there used to be? good this cycling thing isn't it :ohmy:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah, I hadn't thought of strikes, well, I had, but I thought there hadn't been any lately, but that might be it. Lucky I rang her to say Happy Birthday, because she was thinking it was a bit unlike me to forget, and wondering how to ring me and mention it, tactfully... I can send her another card, but I'll be annoyed if the book token goes astray...

As for the losing weight round the feet idea... Flattering, but alas my weight has been pretty steady for months (albeit steady at about a stone more than it should be). And I've never had fat ankles or feet anyway... As a matter of fact, my feet are a bit of me I quite like.

Love the idea of training my socks Mr Phoebus! That wouldn't look odd in public, would it!:ohmy:

Brock

Either the elastic is starting to go in the socks, or they're desperately trying to crawl out of your stinky old trainers.

Mr Phoebus

Arch said:
Love the idea of training my socks Mr Phoebus! That wouldn't look odd in public, would it!:ohmy:
Balls to what they think!!! But if you're going to be a shrinking violet then go sock less.

Top Bottom