Why the hell???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazzaputt

Do others feel just because I ride in Lycra and a road bike that they must take life threatening risks to try and beat me in a commute race??? I'm not bloody Lance Armstrong.

Had 2 in 24 hours. First last night runs a red the turns right across the flow of traffic. Second this morning I'm slowing for the roundabout as traffic is approaching from the right. Fella cuts out from behind straight into traffic cuts left in front of me and off he goes.

So to the guy on the Scott in red Specialized gear helmet hanging from your bars in Plumstead and the guy on a Yellow Saracen hybrid at Canning Town if you like a race let's get together at the crystal palace crit where hopefully you won't endanger your life and others.

walker

Phew, wasn't me then

biking_fox

Guru
"Do others feel just because I ride in Lycra and a road bike that they must take life threatening risks to try and beat me in a commute race??? "

EXTRA POINTS!

unless you lose them for the taking risks bit. If you dress as a racer/roadie, you will be raced. But there's no excuse for jumping the lights or cutting up a fellow cyclist.

hackbike 6

Yeah I see all that lycra...what's all that about on a commute?

The very thin tyres and the bikes that weigh less than a bag of sugar.wtf is that all about?

Are you Lance Armstrong?

hackbike 6 said:

The very thin tyres and the bikes that weigh less than a bag of sugar.wtf is that all about?

Are you Lance Armstrong?
Well, suppose you've got a long commute; why not wear something comfy and save as much energy as you can?

hackbike 6 said:

Are you Lance Armstrong?

He is posing for the ladieeeeeees!

jassy-x

Absinthe Minded said:
Well, suppose you've got a long commute; why not wear something comfy and save as much energy as you can?
....I agree....even on a short commute....I only have about 10 miles each morning, but like to put in quite a fast pace...get to work, have a shower, get changed etc.......sod that cycling to work in the same gear I need to wear in the office all day...I always like to regard my commute's as short training runs....and you've also got the weather to consider!!!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Catrike UK said:
He is posing for the ladieeeeeees!

Oh yes!!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I love commuter racing, even though i'm not commuting. But i think it has to be dont where you dont have to put others and your life at risk.
I find that riding next to them and chatting while picking the pace up really helps, and you burn them faster and they then wont try to race you for a while.
Burn them quick then relax. Although when i want a nice gentle ride i hate it when you overtake someone, pulls in and whe you lok behind they are trying hard to keep up. You just have to pick the pace up then to get rid of them and put out their missery ;)

walker

hackbike 6 said:

Are you Lance Armstrong?

Make the ride to work alot easier, and I can't break the habit when I used to commute 20 miles to work

Maz

Guru
Overtaking the lycra lads is great fun! Me in my baggies and footie shirt, them in their sponsor-splattered tops and skinny bikes n all...

I normally give a cheery 'hello' as I pass, but this only seems to add insult to injury, as they never say owt :angry:

OP
OP
gazzaputt

gazzaputt

Ladies in the office do like my lycra!

Anyway I wear it as I use my commute as training sessions so find it beneficial.

Speed my friend speed.

Top Bottom