Why ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not sure what the ones I drove had on, I had an Evoque in the morning session and a Range Rover Sport in the afternoon, all I would say is that if anyone thinks they are not capable then they have never tried one and or never been given some instruction.
Slightly off topic @screenman but as you are a car man.......back in the 70s I worked for a large(ish) local company called Lockers. A family company with 8 factories producing wire products.
Anyway, they had their own garage and mechanics.
In the garage was Mr Locker's own Rolls Royce........originally owned by the Queen Mother. OK, technically not actually her's but it was her Roller that she used.
AND.....I got to sit in the drivers seat^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Slightly off topic @screenman but as you are a car man.......back in the 70s I worked for a large(ish) local company called Lockers. A family company with 8 factories producing wire products.
Anyway, they had their own garage and mechanics.
In the garage was Mr Locker's own Rolls Royce........originally owned by the Queen Mother. OK, technically not actually her's but it was her Roller that she used.
AND.....I got to sit in the drivers seat^_^

I owned a 1956 Rolls Royce, it had the cylinder head in the boot when I bought it, made me a nice few bob when I sold it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not sure what the ones I drove had on, I had an Evoque in the morning session and a Range Rover Sport in the afternoon, all I would say is that if anyone thinks they are not capable then they have never tried one and or never been given some instruction.
The Evoque uses the same Haldex system as my XC90, although theyre selling more and more in FWD only. The Sport is a serious off road tool, if its on proper rubber. The big issue is their fragility rather than their ability

screenman

Legendary Member
The Evoque uses the same Haldex system as my XC90, although theyre selling more and more in FWD only. The Sport is a serious off road tool, if its on proper rubber. The big issue is their fragility rather than their ability

I agree, I do the odd dent and glass repair for a main agent and the warranty work keeps the workshop busy.

Top Bottom