Why???????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Don't fight it.

You must, and that's all there is to it.

ChrisW

chris42 said:
I have a fantastic carbon bike with top wheels and dura ace kit.
so can someone tell me why I MUST have a new bike?

You live, you breathe, you must have a new bike, end of story..

Was that Descartes? Kant? Wittgenstein? If it wasn't, it must have been Aristotle..

Ok, this fab bike you already have. What is it? From the bill ( :?: ) the new one sounds pretty similar. I work on the theory that a new bike should be either hugely different or hugely better. Which is yours?

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Chuffy said:
Ok, this fab bike you already have. What is it? From the bill ( :?: ) the new one sounds pretty similar. I work on the theory that a new bike should be either hugely different or hugely better. Which is yours?

i have a 2004 Trek 5500 with Mavic ES wheels and Dura ace kit.

I'm looking at either a new Trek 6.5 or a Colnago Extream power with record kit

both fantastic bikes and just because I like them seems to be why i NEED a new ride!
:?:

Keith Oates

Janner
The Colnago Extreme is on another level as far as I'm concerned so that would be the one for me, but why reduce the quality by fitting Camp........ something or other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offthepace

Keith Oates said:
The Colnago Extreme is on another level as far as I'm concerned so that would be the one for me, but why reduce the quality by fitting Camp........ something or other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because it is a bike not a fishing rod?

Monty Dog

With experience, you get to understand the subtlties between different types of bikes which therefore warrants a different one - that sort of discussion gets completely lost on my wife when I try to justify another acquisition. As to believing that a Trek is the pinnacle of bicycle lust - believe me, you've got a long way to go! Unless of course you just want to be seen as another sheep following the flock?

Top Bottom