Wi-fi Range extenders.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Got a Homehub 6 at the front of the house, get a signal fine at the end of the back garden 60+ feet away.
I have a home hub. Not sure on model but had for 9 months.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got a cheapo from Maplins and have to say it works fine. Boosted the signal from 1 to 5 (in the conservatory were I tend to reside).
But......
It was a royal pain in the a**e to set up. Grandson who is a bit of a tech wiz couldnt fathom it. In the end my 14 yr old grandaughter did it.....but it took her over an hour.

stephec

Legendary Member
I want a booster, but was given conflicting information in a shop.

The one I was shown had two boxes that both plugged into the mains, and I was told they'd need to be on the same circuit to work.

When I asked, 'on the same actual ring main, or just the same consumer unit,' I couldn't get a straight answer.

Assuming different rings, if that matters, what do I go for?

bruce1530

Guru
What they perhaps mean is that if you have a 3 phase supply - which is something you’d normally find in a commercial premise rather than domestic - then they need to be on the same phase.

stephec

Legendary Member
Having Googled TP link I find prices from £25 to £150, how much do I have to spend for use in an average sized semi?

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I want a booster, but was given conflicting information in a shop.

The one I was shown had two boxes that both plugged into the mains, and I was told they'd need to be on the same circuit to work.

When I asked, 'on the same actual ring main, or just the same consumer unit,' I couldn't get a straight answer.

Assuming different rings, if that matters, what do I go for?
I got TP links a few years ago (thick stone internal walls) - work a treat, only have to be via same consumer unit (mine are on different ring mains).

Having Googled TP link I find prices from £25 to £150, how much do I have to spend for use in an average sized semi?
Cheap end should do the trick.

Top Bottom