Wide Shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briank

Five years ago, following advice of friends/reviews, I bought a pair of Specialized Pro shoes and they were/are great. I discovered you don't have to ride with squashed toes!

Last October another, cheap pair of Spesh shoes - a size larger for thick socks - were also good.

I've just screwed my courage to the sticking post and bought a pair of2008 S Works - and they seem really narrow!

Does anyone know whether Specialized are making their shoes narrower these days, or in different widths.
Or whether there are any other brands/models which are wider than these S Works?

Thanks

Danny

Legendary Member
There was a thread on wide feet earlier in the year which has some good advice on this.

Also, I seem to remember that when C+ reviewed shoes some time ago they recommended a pair that were good for wide feet. I'll see if I can find the details.

simonali

Guru
When I bought my Spesh shoes in the States the shop offered 3 widths. One would assume that a full BG dealer would do the same over here?

Danny

Legendary Member
Not necessarily. It is more common in the States for sporting shoes to be available in a range of widths. I have ultra wide feet, and have only ever been able to find 4E running shoes in the US.

Gary D

I also have very wide feet.
I use Spesh Taho's and Spesh Comp road shoes and both fit perfectly.

Maybe you either have VERY wide feet - verging on flippers ;) or else the S Works, being more of a "race" orientated shoe, follows the same path as the Italian manufacturers, and comes up narrow.

Gary.

simonali

Guru
The 2 top road shoes don't come in wide fitting, I looked. The Pro Road Carbon does though, which is the one I have, albeit in MTB form.

yenrod

simonali said:
The 2 top road shoes don't come in wide fitting, I looked. The Pro Road Carbon does though, which is the one I have, albeit in MTB form.

Yeah because there arent many f@t b@st@rds as TDF winners ;):biggrin::biggrin:

mr Mag00

rising member
i popped in tri-uk in yeovil a few weeks a go and was amazed to find shimnao road shoes fit me very well and they do a custom fit service on the more expensive shoes. they are now being made wider according to the chap in the shop.

DanRVV2006

does seem odd the specialized shoes have changed size. I cannot see why all shoes are not made to like a standed size so you can switch between manufacturers without worrying about size differences. And a brand i have noticed with a wide fit are NORTHWAVE usualy the aerator (i think thats how it is spelt) generaly have a wide fit on them if thats any help.

Top Bottom