Wifely scorn!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chuffy said:
Bunch of c*nts the lot of ye....

:eek::biggrin: Class.

wafflycat

Chuffy said:
Baggy has spent most of the evening making rude remarks and shouting 'ARSE!' everytime she hears a snippet of All Around My Hat. :eek:

And this is the bloke that makes rude comments about Strictly!

I hear next year on Strictly, they're bringing in Morris dancing. Go on, admit it, you'll be watching it then...

*ARSE!* :biggrin:

bobg

Über Member
I'm with you Chuffy, saw her with Tim Hart aeons ago.. and when Steleye played their first gig. Looks like we're the only ones with taste around here...

Noodley

bobg said:
I'm with you Chuffy, saw her with Tim Hart aeons ago.. and when Steleye played their first gig. Looks like we're the only ones with taste around here...

You forgot to mention "Arse" :smile:

surfgurl

I have to admit I have recently got into the folk scene and will now willingly accompany my hubbie to a folk gig.

On the subject of winding up the other half. I wound him up good and proper during the summer when BBC Parliament were showing their coverage of the 1984 General Election. I selected the channel and then 'lost' the remote while tidying up. He was not a happy bunny

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
bobg said:
I refer you to the thread on the trouble with getting old. I only remembered Maddy Priors name cos I watched her last night, even then it was touch an go:wacko:
I thought that was more of a problem when you were young, dumb and full of enthusiasm?

bobg

Über Member
Ahh, Young Tradition, John Renbourne Jacqui Mc Shee, Bert Jansch, Davy Graham..... Sony Terry, Brownie McGhee, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Skip James.. dont get me started :wacko:

SWMBO was shopping last night so I got to watch most of this, and when she returned she was captivated by Maddy Prior and Rose Kemp singing together.

Maddy Prior has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. I was moved when they closed the electric prom with Magpie - written in 1974 and still fresh and sung with verve.

SWMBO and I have made a resolution that next year shall be the year when she gets the squeezebox out and I get the guitar out again. I'm very lucky to have found a girl who grew up in Tallinn and St. Petersburg who shares so many of my enthusiasms, even though we didn't know it when we shacked up together.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Twenty Inch said:
SMaddy Prior has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. I was moved when they closed the electric prom with Magpie - written in 1974 and still fresh and sung with verve.
You didn't have Baggy in the next room singing "BadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerbadgerMAGPIE MAGPIE!".......:wacko:

Dave5N

Über Member
User1314 said:
I saw Bert Jansch once. He was so good. Nobody in the audience though.

Saw Dick Gaughan once as well. Also very good.

I'd like to see Christy Moore. And The Waterboys.

Fortunately (Folk Francais now) I caught Les Negresses Verte before the lead singer died. Great band.

Weren't you there?

Top Bottom