Wife's gone all "Retro" on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs V has just successfully bid on a lovely dropped frame "Racer" (I know I should say road bike but it comes from the era when they were "Racers") Its a blue and white Raleigh from the late 80's looks in very good condition - will post pics when I've collected....

I had nothing to with it, she found it herself, she said she wanted something faster than Dorothy (her current bike).... so she can't blame me if its poo!

compo

Veteran
Good on her!

However, who gets the job of "doing it up".

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well we've fetched it and here it is.... Paid £62 for it which I think is a fair price not a bargain but not excessive. Auction turned into a bit of a bun fight at the end I told her go to 60 and obviously (as usual) ignored me ad went 'one bid over' and got it.
IMG-20130522-00062.jpg
IMG-20130522-00063.jpg
IMG-20130522-00065.jpg
IMG-20130522-00062.jpg

Very pleased that it seems to be ready to use.
Some cosmetic paintwork scratches but generally really pleased - Chains a bit loose though:laugh:
Seriously though cables seem a bit long so might shorten them....
Mrs V has already said she might get some lycra trousers but I said as its from the 80's she needs to ride it in shoulder pads and big hair....

Enid Agnus Dei

Trick I used on mine to bring the paint back to a good sheen good old wash then loads of furniture polish over a few week once a day and polish it off worth the effort and that is a smart cycle, the attached file is my old girl.

Attachments

• yes yes yes.jpg
    yes yes yes.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
simon the viking
Trick I used on mine to bring the paint back to a good sheen good old wash then loads of furniture polish over a few week once a day and polish it off worth the effort and that is a smart cycle, the attached file is my old girl.
That's very nice! Mrs V is pleased with her latest acquisition

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well Mrs Viking has road it work today - not a massive commute about 5 mile round trip but she said it was working ok....

Little-un (6) looked at it again this morning and said "That looks fast Mummy can I have a Drop bar bike as well" His words Drop bar made me smile I've taught him well!

Top Bottom