Wiggins is now pro-compulsion it seems .... Nobber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I know, I was kinda hoping Glen might answer although I was holding my breath, he appears to have selective reading.

Sorry Muggers! Last thing is intended was to help him out.

Glenn, do you really think tests on Cycle helmets of nearly 3 decades ago is relevant to today's helmets? Was the research peer reviewed? Have the results been reproduced elsewhere? Have the results been reflected in real-life rotational head injures and their correlation with helmet wearing?

No, non, nein and niet.

The last point is especially pertinent, as a lot of laboratory results do not translate at all to the real World, most particularly hivis clothing, which is also close to our hearts.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I wear both through choice, and choice is something we should all have in my opinion.
Agree completely with that bit.

Sorry Muggers! Last thing is intended was to help him out.

Glenn, do you really think tests on Cycle helmets of nearly 3 decades ago is relevant to today's helmets? Was the research peer reviewed? Have the results been reproduced elsewhere? Have the results been reflected in real-life rotational head injures and their correlation with helmet wearing?

No, non, nein and niet.

What makes you think that research wasn't peer-reviewed?

Dan B

Disengaged member
Glenn, do you really think tests on Cycle helmets of nearly 3 decades ago is relevant to today's helmets?
If it's not, maybe people should stop quoting the 88% figure from Thompson/Rivara/Thompson as if it was at all applicable to anything

Joffey

Big Dosser
It's an interesting argument.

All I know is that my mate would have probably died if it wasn't for his helmet so that's prompted me to always wear mine.

Each to their own though :thumbsup:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Sensational "A helmet saved my mate's life" anecdotes, marvelous.

Thanks for your sarcastic reply Glenn - extremely welcome on a friendly forum like this I am sure.

I am not arguing for or against helmet use or compulsory use, just trying to understand why people think it's a bad idea to wear one.

Maybe you haven't had a friend close to death due to an accident. Maybe if you had you might not be so quick with the clever reply.

Licramite

Über Member
That is insulting and uncalled for.

i agree a 10year old spells much better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom