Wiggins on Sky News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He could have conducted himself a little better. Wife hates him now. Says he's a tit. I'm not sure he knew it was going out live.

Also landed me in the shoot for not wearing my helmet but I'm prepared to make allowances. Sky presenters couldn't apologise enough describing it as colourful language. It was a bit funny. Don't like being called a jock and listening to an Englishman try and do a Scottish accent is usually cringeworthy.

D

Deleted member 20519

When he was on BBC, he had trouble remembering where he was. I think the interviewer asked him how he enjoyed the Time Trial and he said 'I loved cycling through the streets of... wherever we are.' :laugh:

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Thanks for that, I hand't seen it. All I can say is; legend!

No pretentions, no false modesty, he says he is going to stay grounded and you just know he will.

"I think this country has become so fascinated with people that have become famous for not achieving anything in their lives..."

"This is just sport...it's nothing, its a different world"

"At the end of the day we're sportsman, we do what we do and its fantastic, but there are other things out there in the world that are far more important than what we're doing on this stage. As long as you dont forget those kind of things, you don't become engrossed in your own ***hole"

Winner! I love the guy more and more.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I'm not a fan of the modern 'swearing for laughs' thing that comedians and others seem to adopt just to get a laugh, but, this was Bradly being a normal everyday bloke flying high, knackered, but still pumped.
A guy proud of his own achievement as a cyclist. A guy so obviously proud of his country at that moment in time, who 'slipped' out a swear word, which in actual fact, was part of a quote from a soldier, who he totally admires for his chosen path in life!
I don't think he would make a habit of using unacceptable language ordinarily and think at this moment in time should be cut some slack!

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I kinda laughed when he was on the BBC last night with Lineker and he had a small dig at Cav, saying he hasn't done a shampoo ad yet. Gotta love Brad, he's the real deal. I am of the same opinion as him and cannot stand the false worship of celebs who have done nothing (like that horrible Essex program lot), but true sporting hero's are the people who go out and achieve against all odds, yet remain human and approachable. Great examples are Steve Redgrave, Bradley Wiggins and Graham Obree (although he's slightly bonkers!!). These people are the one's to be admired and I just wish we as a society really rewarded and looked up to such people rather than the trashy 'lads mag' type culture that abounds today.

Good on ya Brad, and keep doing and saying whatever you like, don't bow down to the political correctness.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks for that, I hand't seen it. All I can say is; legend!

No pretentions, no false modesty, he says he is going to stay grounded and you just know he will.

"I think this country has become so fascinated with people that have become famous for not achieving anything in their lives..."

"This is just sport...it's nothing, its a different world"

"At the end of the day we're sportsman, we do what we do and its fantastic, but there are other things out there in the world that are far more important than what we're doing on this stage. As long as you dont forget those kind of things, you don't become engrossed in your own ***hole"

Winner! I love the guy more and more.

Good post!
Just one thing though, it should read ****hole:smile:

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
I think Tesco will be pretty happy with the mention ^_^

Que TV advert in the next month or so with Wiggo riding into a Tescos store and a tenuous link between a pint of milk, winning a gold medal, and every little helps...

TBF, I wouldn't blame him if he did do something along those lines, I think it'd be very tounge in cheek.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Que TV advert in the next month or so with Wiggo riding into a Tescos store and a tenuous link between a pint of milk, winning a gold medal, and every little helps...

TBF, I wouldn't blame him if he did do something along those lines, I think it'd be very tounge in cheek.
It would seem a bit hypocritical though if he is making jokes about celebrity culture and advertising!

Top Bottom