Wiggins on Sky News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Different strokes and all that Solo, but I say fair play to him.

He's never made himeself out to be a squeaky clean living kind of guy (that Im aware of), and who says supposed role models arent allowed to be human?

Why shouldnt he be allowed to celebrate, and why should he censor his speech publicly in the interests of being a role model which he hasnt asked to be cast as? What, because he's won another Olympic Gold and the TdF et al he should now put on a public face as its the "correct" thing to do?

With the greatest of respect, and Im not aiming this at you or anyone personally, but whats sitting there with a kid got to do with it? Its not Bradley Wiggins job to install, shape or regulate any kid's outlook and moral balance in life, other than his own.

He's a cyclist not an MP.

Kids will look up to him as a normal bloke who can be himself and still do something amazing!

wiggins is who he is why should he change that for any body , not sure that doing an advert makes him a celeb , i have a mate who works for asda , he did the arse patting asda price thing on the end of an advert ......a celebrity he is not.....i think that is part of the point bradley is making ,the british public call people celebs for doing naff all.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
My role model:

tumblr_lfig6qxcX91qga534o1_500.jpg

Hector

I kinda laughed when he was on the BBC last night with Lineker and he had a small dig at Cav, saying he hasn't done a shampoo ad yet. Gotta love Brad, he's the real deal. I am of the same opinion as him and cannot stand the false worship of celebs who have done nothing (like that horrible Essex program lot), but true sporting hero's are the people who go out and achieve against all odds, yet remain human and approachable. Great examples are Steve Redgrave, Bradley Wiggins and Graham Obree (although he's slightly bonkers!!). These people are the one's to be admired and I just wish we as a society really rewarded and looked up to such people rather than the trashy 'lads mag' type culture that abounds today.

Good on ya Brad, and keep doing and saying whatever you like, don't bow down to the political correctness.

He's suffers from Bi-Polar disorder, a condition diagnosed fairly late in his life (hardly bonkers). You should read his book The Flying Scotsman - it's inspiring.

How an amateur built his own bike, trained on a static cycle with just a clock for company and made history in a sleepy little town in Norway.

Top Bottom