Wiggins' physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
The Guardian has some pictures of the Sky team resting. There are a couple of photo's of Bradley Wiggins looking like a resident of Belsen, is he the model for those cycling jerseys that fit where they touch? No, seriously this is an unusual physique for a cyclist isn't it? When you look at Ethiopian distance runners you see the same physique type but riding a bike up mountains for six hours is different, isn't it?

Nearly there

Veteran
It obviously works for him and Froome is of similar build

jim55

Guru
er ,,thats why i would never b mistaken for a pro cyclist (or even a rubbish one lol)im prob quite normal ,im 6,0 and 14 st ,wonder what height /weight he is ,im not fat just kinda chunky and heavy legs ,hes a whippet ,,id say think mark cavendish but without the sprinting /riding ability and a bit taller -thats me !!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I reckon I would end up like Wiggins physique wise if I spent as much time riding as he does. I am the same height at 6'3" and have always been a bit lankey.

redcard

Veteran
The bizarre thing about Wiggins is the shape of him when hunched over. He looks as if he's wearing a fat suit. Whereas someone like Evans still looks like he's got some shape

zizou

Veteran
Different people naturally have different types of physique which then means they are more suited to different types of riding - alot of the climbers will be as skinny as Wiggins, although in many cases even lighter as they are not so tall (although the Schlecks are quite tall too) . So Wiggins is pretty much a normal physique suited to riding a bike up mountains for hours - what is a bit unusual with Wiggins is that often these light, skinny guys cant time trial so well on the flat but he obviously can do that rather well too!

If you look at the sprinters then they are much more muscular not just on the legs but the upper body too. One of Greipels legs is probably wider than both of Wiggins put together!

Nosaj

This for me is one of the downsides about cycling and that is the physique.

I am a very similar build to wiggo arms and legs wise i.e. candle sticks with hairs on.

Where I do differ is my trunk, but I really do not want to look like wiggins or contador physique wise, If I could climb like Contador and look like rambo or Jean Claude Van dam I would be happy but I doubt neither will happen........

U

User169

If you look at the sprinters then they are much more muscular not just on the legs but the upper body too. One of Greipels legs is probably wider than both of Wiggins put together!

One of Hoy's thighs is probably wider than several entire Wigginses.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
er ,,thats why i would never b mistaken for a pro cyclist (or even a rubbish one lol)im prob quite normal ,im 6,0 and 14 st ,wonder what height /weight he is ,im not fat just kinda chunky and heavy legs ,hes a whippet ,,id say think mark cavendish but without the sprinting /riding ability and a bit taller -thats me !!

Both of them are close to 6' 2" and just under 11st (69kg). Interestingly Cadel is 5" shorter but only 2kg lighter.

While the sprinters are obviously at the other end of the spectrum, at just over 80kg (13st) even that seemingly chunky phenomenon Spartacus is not as heavy as you (:eek: ^_^) albeit taller at 6'1" !!

jim55

Guru
While the sprinters are obviously at the other end of the spectrum, at just over 80kg (13st) even that seemingly chunky phenomenon Spartacus is not as heavy as you (:eek: ^_^) albeit taller at 6'1" !!
thats it .im obv a sprinter then lol ,i can sprint right up to ,,say,,,,12 mph ,,are u impressed^_^ i weighed myself the other nite ,90 kg!!!:blush:

Top Bottom