Wiggins' physique

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
Endurance is an odd beast. Wiggins looks to me like he is on deaths door and the other rider mentioned here (Hoy) looks like he has enough flesh to feed on for a week but ...if this was a ride to the death between the two (one submission, no knock outs) who would you put your money on?

Endurance is an odd beast. Wiggins looks to me like he is on deaths door and the other rider mentioned here (Hoy) looks like he has enough flesh to feed on for a week but ...if this was a ride to the death between the two (one submission, no knock outs) who would you put your money on?

if the ride was a track sprint, the money would go on Hoy. If the ride was anything over 30 mins duration, I would put the money on Wiggins.

Berties

Fast and careful!
The Guardian has some pictures of the Sky team resting. There are a couple of photo's of Bradley Wiggins looking like a resident of Belsen, is he the model for those cycling jerseys that fit where they touch? No, seriously this is an unusual physique for a cyclist isn't it? When you look at Ethiopian distance runners you see the same physique type but riding a bike up mountains for six hours is different, isn't it?

the photographer was on the tdf highlights last night and the picture where he is sitting on the sofa in his room,makes him look really lonely and unwell,no meat on him,selection of home grown inks,and veins popping out,he is a totally passionate guy for the sport and should be respected for his opinions of which he does not hide:bicycle:

aJohnson

google some pics of Michael Rasmussen if you want to see some proper weight loss.. ;)

I read he was obsessed with having as little weight as possible, making his teammates carry bottles to him when he needs them, shaving off all of his body hair to save a few grams.

Nosaj

I wonder if you can physically eat the calorific deficit that 21 days on the Tdf actually takes out of you. I am sure that you could by chugging down 8 big macs and fries but that is not the best food to set you up for the next days stage.

If you start at a low BF % what the hell do you finish with. What is the calorie burn on a typical stage 5-6,000 calories? at least, add on the calorie requirements just to survive and you have one hell of a mammoth task

Hats off to them, it must take some other worldly determination and commitment

Nosaj

A very interisting one would be if there was say a four hour ride to the death. The furthest the person reaches from point A on a pre-determined route between Chris Hoy and one of us mere amateurs on here.

He did road race in his younger years and I wonder how much endurance has carried through.

I don't know if I would like to take it on.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I wonder what body fat % these guys are? Gotta be seriously low (5% ish) it's one of the reasons these guys are so prone to colds and flu, no body reserves to aid in fighting infection. The discipline it must take to get down to that TdF weight is very impressive, not something I'd ever be able to do, I like me pie's too much ^_^.
Armstrong went down to 3%. The average climber has about 4%.

I saw Armstrong at close quarters at the end of the 2004 tour. There was nothing between his muscles and his skin. He looked taut even by comparison with his team-mates

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Now I just need to grow 6 inches taller!
tumblr_m1vq4vjOHJ1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Top Bottom