Wiggins to Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Crackle said:
The Grauniad is carrying the same report but no more detail.

Bradley Wiggins signs as leader of Britain's Team Sky, say reports

Reports say Olympic hero has joined new Tour de France team

Reports suggest Bradley Wiggins will join Britain's Team Sky after they agreed a compensation package with Garmin

Britain's Team Sky have made Bradley Wiggins their team leader, it was reported last night.

Grauniad reporting this as news or speculation then ? :smile::laugh::smile:

Denials from Vaughters, statements about contracts from Contador and Astana.

Dunno - is this the worst-kept secret of the season, or just media chatter ?

Hont

Guru
Not convinced that this is anything more than speculation. I mean the Mail didn't even get the name of Brad's team correct and, more notably, he tweeted this on the 9th September...

"A huge anti-climax is heading the press's way, such a shame"

When there was speculation of the same sort going on. Jonathan Vaughters dropped a few hints that Brad was staying in early August and not just because JV didn't want him to leave as well.

The Grauniad just ran with a "it was reported". i.e. The Mail said it.

beancounter said:
I hope so. I'm sick of amateurish Eurosport coverage and hopeless ITV4 highlights.

bc
Thanks a bunch. If Sky get it then that's people like me shut out completely, unless we dump cash into Murdoch's groaning coffers. :angry::smile:

The perception at Road.CC seems to be that Wiggy will end up at Sky, but that there is/has been a lot of contract wrangling to be dealt with first. Which would explain the comment by Wiggy (assuming that the contract wrangling had reached some kind of stalemate when he posted it).

I do hope that Garmin don't buy Bertie...:ohmy:

mr-marty-martin

well nout was said on itv4 tonight, and after they mentiond it after yesterdays stage i think they would of followed it up if it was true

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There is nothing on cycling news at the moment about it, so I presume, rightly or wrongly that the Daily Tory and the Gruniad are printing rumours.

Paulus said:
There is nothing on cycling news at the moment about it, so I presume, rightly or wrongly that the Daily Tory and the Gruniad are printing rumours.
To be precise, the Hate Mail is printing rumours as fact and the Grauniad is reporting the Mail piece just in case it's missed out on the story. :evil:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Chuffy said:
To be precise, the Hate Mail is printing rumours as fact and the Grauniad is reporting the Mail piece just in case it's missed out on the story. :smile:

Ah, the great British press. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.;)

Top Bottom