Wiggle it, just a little bit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I'm looking to buy a Minoura bar extension from Wiggle, only costs a tenner so the post free option is the attraction. However, I seem to recall people having problems with their cards being double debited (I apologise if I've got that wrong Mr. Wiggle). Does this seem to be sorted now ? Does anyone know where else I may be able to get one post free ? I know Topeak do them as well but I cannot find a source for these.

Elmer

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have never had a problem with Wiggle, but if you aren't sure they also take paypal and you could check online if they double debit your account.

Chain Reaction also offers FREE post and are very good too

Rick

mondobongo

Über Member
I use UK Bike Store never had a problem with them no horror stories about cards being cloned either. They charge a £1 for postage no matter what size the order but normally the item is a £1 cheaper than Wiggle/CRC so works out the same.

Wiggle were linked on a number of cycling websites (C+ amongst them) to a problem where people had their card numbers compromised, fraudsters then using their cards to buy all sorts of other stuff.

Nothing was ever made public that it was Wiggle, it might not have been it may have just been circumstantial, but it hit Wiggle's trade and they were forced to issue a statement saying their website was secure.

I don't know either way, but I know a bit about the PCI DSS Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard which Visa & Mastercard are forcing all card-accepters to apply, about keeping card data secure, and I reckon any site which has had a breach in the past would have been come down on so hard and had such conditions imposed that it would now be safer to buy there than elsewhere !

mondobongo

Über Member
One of the points that was raised relating to this was that Wiggle actually holds customers card nos on file, whilst others although retaining customer details require you put your card details in for each order.

yenrod

Elm's, I can tell you that the Minoura bar extension is VERY good !

Having had one for quite a while !

Elmer Fudd said:
I'm looking to buy a Minoura bar extension from Wiggle, only costs a tenner so the post free option is the attraction. However, I seem to recall people having problems with their cards being double debited (I apologise if I've got that wrong Mr. Wiggle). Does this seem to be sorted now ? Does anyone know where else I may be able to get one post free ? I know Topeak do them as well but I cannot find a source for these.

Elmer

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Well, so far very impressed, ordered the bar late Sunday, got e-mail Monday saying it would be dispatched within 2-5 days, e-mail Tuesday saying it had been packed and was awaiting collection for dispatch. Just hope they don't deliver today (Wednesday) as I'm going to be out the house most of the day.

Top Bottom